• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I am too old for Comic Cons- just left the one in Indianapolis

2 posts in this topic

Got there an hour before it started, and a long line. The actual isles seemed too tight for large crowds, and to get close to any booths you had to shuffle around with all the kids (under 25 year olds) digging through the $1 boxes. I was surprised sellers brought cheap books, but maybe those do best.

Wanted a Bob Layton sketch, but 15 minutes in he said he wouldn't be able to guarantee it by the end of today's show- I might need to get it tomorrow. I passed.

Wanted Suydam signature on my Marvel Zombies Hardback, and was afraid that might not happen either, as 30 minutes after the show started, his booth was completely empty- not set up at all. He showed up about an hour late, set-up, and then started signing/drawing/selling prints. Very glad I waited! He was a very nice and friendly man. Holds his pen like his fingers were broken.

The rest of the artists in artist's alley were not busy, but I didn't really want anything.

Probably just me, as so many people go and enjoy them. I will just stick with buying here, my LCS, and on Ebay, and just stay out of everyone else's way!

Suydam2014ComicCon2_zps34e252ee.jpg

Suydam2014IndyComiccon_zps46851d06.jpg