• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Wolverine Is To Die In 2014!

83 posts in this topic

Wolverine_8_McNiven_Cover.jpg

We ran this story back in February last year. That, spinning out of the Marvel writers summit that Wolverine was to die in 2014. That was before Age Of Ultron, before Killable, before the relaunch. Then we heard it might be happening in issue 12 of the relaunch.

It is. And it kicks off in issue 8…

Wolverine_3_Months_to_Die_Logo-600x388.jpg

Friend. Teacher. X-Man. Avenger. Assassin. Hero. The man called Logan has worn many faces and lived many lives. Tortured by the horrors of his past, Logan has spent the better part of his life on a path to redemption.

But all paths eventually end. And there will be no happy ending for the Wolverine. Left without his healing factor, the invulnerable killing machine has found himself mortal for the first time in his long life. And as past sins come back to haunt him – he’ll have to pay the ultimate price.

Wolverine_8_Stegman_Variant-600x910.jpg

Ugh.... I'm quitting comics.

It's no fun to kill a character when you know they'll bring him back in a year or so. I.e, Spider-Man, Capt. America, Superman, etc.

:facepalm:

Wolverine_8_McNiven_Cover.jpg

We ran this story back in February last year. That, spinning out of the Marvel writers summit that Wolverine was to die in 2014. That was before Age Of Ultron, before Killable, before the relaunch. Then we heard it might be happening in issue 12 of the relaunch.

It is. And it kicks off in issue 8…

Wolverine_3_Months_to_Die_Logo-600x388.jpg

Friend. Teacher. X-Man. Avenger. Assassin. Hero. The man called Logan has worn many faces and lived many lives. Tortured by the horrors of his past, Logan has spent the better part of his life on a path to redemption.

But all paths eventually end. And there will be no happy ending for the Wolverine. Left without his healing factor, the invulnerable killing machine has found himself mortal for the first time in his long life. And as past sins come back to haunt him – he’ll have to pay the ultimate price.

Wolverine_8_Stegman_Variant-600x910.jpg

zzz The House of No Ideas (should have trademarked that phrase cuz i get to trot it out every 3 months)

It's no fun to kill a character when you know they'll bring him back in a year or so. I.e, Spider-Man, Capt. America, Superman, etc.

You should read more 2000 AD.

in that anthology when a character dies they stay DEAD. :popcorn:

You should read more 2000 AD.

in that anthology when a character dies they stay DEAD. :popcorn:

Never heard of it. I'll check it out tonight. I'm stuck at work.

Oh look,a superhero is going to die meh

And they'll bring him back in a year :whatev:

Wolverine is WAY too popular to kill off.

He will stay dead just like Bucky... uhmmm I meant Superman.... Uhmm Aunt May.....uhhm Robin...... ah gud damit!!

Oh look,a superhero is going to die meh

And they'll bring him back in a year :whatev:

Wolverine is WAY too popular to kill off.

He will stay dead just like Bucky... uhmmm I meant Superman.... Uhmm Aunt May.....uhhm Robin...... ah gud damit!!

lol

See what I mean.