• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Wolverine Is To Die In 2014!

83 posts in this topic

Oh look,a superhero is going to die meh

And they'll bring him back in a year :whatev:

Wolverine is WAY too popular to kill off.

He will stay dead just like Bucky... uhmmm I meant Superman.... Uhmm Aunt May.....uhhm Robin...... ah gud damit!!

[font:Book Antiqua]Uncle Ben is still dead..!

[/font]

:preach:

He will stay dead just like Bucky... uhmmm I meant Superman.... Uhmm Aunt May.....uhhm Robin...... ah gud damit!!

[/font]

lol

[/font]

lol

So is Junior Juniper!

All this actually makes perfect sense.

The new generation of writers, weaned on video games where HP regeneration is the norm, are used to the character dying and coming back to life to continue the adventure.

That's my theory and I'm sticking to it.

when a superhero 'dies' it has about as much impact as popping a zit.

Well, depending on the blood spray, you may have to windex more of the mirror.

Marvel should stretch this story out for at least 2 years. They could have Pre-Death issues followed by an Imminent Death issue before they get to the Black Polybagged Actual Death issue with variant bags. The "World without Wolverine" storyline would follow whereby Wolvie would continue to show up in every Marvel issue including a Barbie & Ken relaunch. However, it would be Logan's Spirit. Marvel and DC could then together publish a one-shot "Wolverine v. Deadman: Death Be Not Proud" before Wolverine, whose physical remains are now under the care of Dr.'s Oc and Strange, is cloned to create Ben-Logan in the 3rd issue of Marvel's new Team-Up series "Docs OcS: Agents of Care." Logan finally wakes up in the first issue relaunch of the newest Wolverine series, "Wolverine, Way of the Claw," to discover that his death and resurrection was a long nightmare. Logan discovers religion by reading the Gospels in the New Testament about the life, death, and resurrection of the greatest hero of all.