• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Wolverine Is To Die In 2014!

83 posts in this topic

He'll definitely die for good.......................

Oh absolutely! Wolverine as a character is bankrupt. No chance at all Marvel will have him back in his leotard in a year or two after his death. Just won't happen.

I state this as a Wolvie fan for 30 years: Marvel really painted themselves into a corner with Wolverine - they decided to give him *all* his memories after 1.) taking away his adamantium, 2) turning him into a feral non-talking animal, 3) giving back his adamantium - and for the past couple of years, his character has not been very compelling. Now they are killing him - which is fine, I understand the idea of selling more comics, but I am failing to see the opportunity to bring him back in a way that re-invigorates the character.

Take away his memories? Too late, we already know them (and most of them are lame). Do something with his skeleton? Already done (very, very poorly). Give him back his healing factor? (not really a big deal).

It's gonna be a cool series, I'm excited to see it - but I worry about the future of the character.