• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CGC Individual Pages and Wraps Club

77 posts in this topic

Some might think I'm crazy for spending money (around $400) on this, but even though it's missing a large piece, it's still an Action #1 page and it has nice p.q. :)

action125thpg_zps06355d82.jpg

action125thpgb_zpsa843598a.jpg

Hey Frisco, Matt Nelson told me it costs $100 per page for leaf casting. You know.... for the Action Page collector who has everything. I love your page but my OCDs would want to have that piece filled with leafcasting. The majority here may disagree though.

instead of individual pages, what about complete stories from comics? i got a few flash comic stories last year from ealier issues, some of them with borders trimmed.

and how about tear sheets? is that the same thing as above or just individual pages or panels?

I assumed it was stories ripped out of the comics - like all the flash stories taken out of Flash comics if you hated Hawkman and didnt have access to All Flash, which im assuming was the case with my tear sheets. is there a more accurate definition? is it literally just individual pages torn out, or does it apply to newspaper strips?

is there a more accurate definition? is it literally just individual pages torn out, or does it apply to newspaper strips?

It's an advertising term. While tear sheets (which would have an ad on at least one side) on their own might not be particularly interesting, the story about where they came from might have been.

There are "checking copies" (whole books sent to advertisers for the same purpose) of golden age comics out there, but I'd never heard of anyone having golden age comic tear sheets before, which is why I was curious when John G. put it that way.

In advertising, a tear sheet is a page cut or torn from a publication to prove to the client that the advertisement was published. Media buying agencies are often required by clients to provide tear sheets along with a post analysis of any advertising campaign. The publishers of any periodical are legally required to provide a tear sheet upon request of any advertiser

is there a more accurate definition? is it literally just individual pages torn out, or does it apply to newspaper strips?

It's an advertising term. While tear sheets (which would have an ad on at least one side) on their own might not be particularly interesting, the story about where they came from might have been.

There are "checking copies" (whole books sent to advertisers for the same purpose) of golden age comics out there, but I'd never heard of anyone having golden age comic tear sheets before, which is why I was curious when John G. put it that way.

In advertising, a tear sheet is a page cut or torn from a publication to prove to the client that the advertisement was published. Media buying agencies are often required by clients to provide tear sheets along with a post analysis of any advertising campaign. The publishers of any periodical are legally required to provide a tear sheet upon request of any advertiser

I think a lot of pages were torn out by collectors who wanted only certain stories. Sometimes the artist did this and sometimes the writer. One dealer showed me a stack of Brundage Weird Tales covers which he had located but they were attached to one of the short stories. I forgot who wrote the stories.

I love that splash page to Batman #1. :applause:

Thank you! I love the page. I have it framed with glass on both sides (museum glass on the front) so you can pick it up and read it without getting fingerprints on the slab or damaging it.

Yeah, but I don't know how to upload it on the thread. I can send you a pic to an email address if you wouldn't mind posting it?? I'm glad this thread is catching on a bit! Thanks Wayne-Tec (btw I think you have the best user name on the boards)