• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1st appearances in modern books

12 posts in this topic

Can anybody recommend where/how to obtain information on new/modern books releasing, if the issue would have the 1st appearance of a character or other key info, maybe a synopsis?

For example, Deadpool #26 (just using this for an example) coming out next week, and it would list 1st appearance of a new character, etc, or if it's a key issue. Basically a synposis of a issue coming out, so maybe I can grab a couple of copies if it's a key book before taking it home and reading it.

Thanks for the help

While sometimes info is leaked, often if it's going to be a key issue or a new character, few will know about it before the book is out.. otherwise everyone and their dog would be buying 20 copies. You can check out Previews catalogs for the blurbs about books coming out soon.. usually a couple sentences to describe what to expect.. but giving everything away in a preview snippet would ruin the story for those who actually read the book for entertainment.

There is no way to know ahead of time if something or someone will become key. I assume this question is seeking information on when to buy multiple copies in advance of a book that has yet to be released??

That's a dangerous guessing game to play, and likely not to achieve very good results.

Can anybody recommend where/how to obtain information on new/modern books releasing, if the issue would have the 1st appearance of a character or other key info, maybe a synopsis?

For example, Deadpool #26 (just using this for an example) coming out next week, and it would list 1st appearance of a new character, etc, or if it's a key issue. Basically a synposis of a issue coming out, so maybe I can grab a couple of copies if it's a key book before taking it home and reading it.

Thanks for the help

Read the books and the letters section. Oftentimes, the writer will give a heads up. If you are looking to buy and flip without doing your own homework, well....

Hmm ok. Comicvine and comicbookresource seem to post some decent reviews, but I figured with all the comic readers there would be a site like this. Who knows, maybe I'll stumble upon something.

markets tend to decide which books are key after the fact, reading preview and reviews before release, might give you insight into when a new character is going to be introduced. But only a fortune teller could let you know if that character is going to become significant in the future.