• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Amazing Spider-Man #334-339: Return of the Sinister Six

45 posts in this topic

I can understand your quandary. It is an almost $6 investment. Best to be sure first. :baiting:

And you know better? lol

I know that I'm not starting a thread to ask whether I should spend $6 on anything.

I didn't start a thread asking if I should spend $6…go back and re-read what I'm talking about because you keep making asinine comments about something you clearly have not read.

Lighten up.

I can understand your quandary. It is an almost $6 investment. Best to be sure first. :baiting:

And you know better? lol

I know that I'm not starting a thread to ask whether I should spend $6 on anything.

It takes all kinds to make a village. :)

Movie price spikes have not affected later appearances with the fervor that it affects 1st appearances. It may provide a bump, but not enough to really expend resources seeking them out.

Hulk 271, Marvel Spotlight 6 & 7, among others, disagree with that.

271 is 1st appearance in comics and there has never been a spike for 6 and 7. Thanks for playing, though. Even if your response were well-reasoned or correct, those would simply have been exceptions that prove the rule for innumerable second appearances that don't spike.

So you want a formula that fits every circumstance? I can show you a boat load of first appearances that aren't worth the paper they are printed on.

Marvel Spotlight high grades are going for as much as $45. This was a $1-2 book 4 months ago. Maybe you didn't know that?

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_sacat=0&_from=R40&_nkw=marvel+spotlight+6&LH_Complete=1&LH_Sold=1&rt=nc

Hulk Annual #5, Where Monsters Dwell #6?

This is fun. What do I say now? Oh yea, thanks for playing.

Movie price spikes have not affected later appearances with the fervor that it affects 1st appearances. It may provide a bump, but not enough to really expend resources seeking them out.

271 is 1st appearance in comics and there has never been a spike for 6 and 7. Thanks for playing, though. Even if your response were well-reasoned or correct, those would simply have been exceptions that prove the rule for innumerable second appearances that don't spike.

So you want a formula that fits every circumstance? I can show you a boat load of first appearances that aren't worth the paper they are printed on.

Marvel Spotlight high grades are going for as much as $45. This was a $1-2 book 4 months ago. Maybe you didn't know that?

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_sacat=0&_from=R40&_nkw=marvel+spotlight+6&LH_Complete=1&LH_Sold=1&rt=nc

You don't work and play well with others do you?

Not sure how valid your point was. The auction results for those two Star Lord comics are all over the road.

Dunno if you read the discussion on collector demographic changes in the 90's, but this guy made it pretty clear there that he's not the sharpest knife...

Not sure how valid your point was. The auction results for those two Star Lord comics are all over the road.

Dunno if you read the discussion on collector demographic changes in the 90's, but this guy made it pretty clear there that he's not the sharpest knife...

:flamed:

GuNWIkO.gif

I understand your frustration, Mr. Gogolak's argument incorporates the logical fallacy known as the fallacy of unrepresentative data whereby one draws a conclusion from an exceptional case or data that is not representative of the whole.

hm, and that's why I don't play well with others? OK

Oh, it's not only that. I've been noticing some of your others posts.

Erik Larsen ASM *Shudders*

Such a cruel trick. Follow McFarlane on ASM with Larsen :facepalm:

The worst...and I mean the absolute worst...was when Lamesen took Mary Jane...after McFarlane had successfully transformed her BACK into a lovely supermodel (ignore the last ten issues, and just focus on #302), after her "bag-lady" era under Frenz, and made her look straight out of Jersey Shore....working down by the docks. And I don't mean as a longshoreman.

:facepalm:

It was pathetic,.

hm, and that's why I don't play well with others? OK

Oh, it's not only that. I've been noticing some of your others posts.

Sweet, an admirer. :foryou:

Sorry if I come off rude sometimes. I've noticed that some posters live in their own bubble. A thread like this where people are discussing $20 investments or people asking qurestions brings out some nasty posts from longer term members.

Some of us don't know what the first comic published in 1978 was and we don't all have thousands to spend on comics.