• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Art market

68 posts in this topic

CRI_151125.jpg

That painting is fantastic. If it was a Hellblazer cover, I'd be all over it. lol

you know, its a funny response :) but it does show how far ahead of its time it was. You're absolutely right that it would look at home on hellblazer, and that's 50 years later!

It's funny, I can see why pop or conceptual contemporary art might not be the comic art crowd's cup of tea, but I would have bet there'd be a lot of love for Bacon. Outside of his obvious impact on the art world, you can see traces of his influence on a lot of the more painterly comic art, IMO.

I was LMAO when I read comment about Hellblazer. After a moment, I decided it was a modern tribute to Rembrandt.

I guess I should have started reading from beginning instead of the end.

What I got from it was some people like Vanilla Ice and some people like Queen. :slapfight:

I re-read about the first third of the thread...it's pretty interesting that those living in cosmopolitan cities with major concentrations of wealth and/or culture (e.g., NYC, Hong Kong, Los Angeles) seem to have a much more open mind about Lichtenstein and Modern/Contemporary art than those residing in the rural, southern/southwestern and Midwestern parts of the U.S.; Canada (ex-Toronto/Montreal); or the U.K. (ex-London). hm

I'm not sure what Chris' (Chicago) excuse is, though. :baiting:

I noticed that, too. It looks like the effete elitist city dwellers are too intimidated by their peers to say that the emperor has no clothes while the salt of the earth, independent-minded call it as they see it. :baiting:

I live in West by-gawd Virginia and I like Roy Lictenstein. :sumo:

while the salt of the earth, independent-minded call it as they see it.think that Thomas Kinkaid is good art!

Fixed that for ya! :baiting:

Some do. Most don't. Either way they won't get ex-communicated from the soirées and cotillions like the Bacon-haters in the Big City. :baiting:

I guess I should have started reading from beginning instead of the end.

What I got from it was some people like Vanilla Ice and some people like Queen. :slapfight:

I re-read about the first third of the thread...it's pretty interesting that those living in cosmopolitan cities with major concentrations of wealth and/or culture (e.g., NYC, Hong Kong, Los Angeles) seem to have a much more open mind about Lichtenstein and Modern/Contemporary art than those residing in the rural, southern/southwestern and Midwestern parts of the U.S.; Canada (ex-Toronto/Montreal); or the U.K. (ex-London). hm

I'm not sure what Chris' (Chicago) excuse is, though. :baiting:

I noticed that, too. It looks like the effete elitist city dwellers are too intimidated by their peers to say that the emperor has no clothes while the salt of the earth, independent-minded call it as they see it. :baiting:

I live in West by-gawd Virginia and I like Roy Lictenstein. :sumo:

Yeah, but you`re really from DC. :gossip:

while the salt of the earth, independent-minded call it as they see it.think that Thomas Kinkaid is good art!

Fixed that for ya! :baiting:

Some do. Most don't. Either way they won't get ex-communicated from the soirées and cotillions like the Bacon-haters in the Big City. :baiting:

44689530.jpg