• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Can we PLEASE not make eBay even worse!

67 posts in this topic

When people see good deals on eBay...they should buy them.

When people see bad deals on eBay ...they should not buy them.

But to make threads for every time a bad deal is confronted is rather useless.

Too many people today are easily offended by actions of others. Some people are offended by people who are always offended.

I'm offended that you bring up people being offended by being offended

When people see good deals on eBay...they should buy them.

When people see bad deals on eBay ...they should not buy them.

But to make threads for every time a bad deal is confronted is rather useless.

Too many people today are easily offended by actions of others. Some people are offended by people who are always offended.

I'm offended that you bring up people being offended by being offended

I hate it when sellers try to pad their prices like this. free shipping is the way to go man not gouge people. i'd rather see a book for $40 free shipping than $20 plus $20 shipping-for some reason it's insulting. like a burrito is $5 you ask for sour cream total is $8.....wtf

This doesn't make sense.

If you are offering free shipping on a per book basis then you ARE gouging on shipping when someone orders several books from you.

A shipping inclusive price is also going to result in your international buyers paying the "buried" domestic shipping + having to pay for international shipping.

(shrug)

:bump:

Since my above example didn't make sense to you let me try this again.

If you have a book that you want $5 for & domestic shipping in the US is approximately $3 - so you price that $5 book at $8 - great! That's a fair & easy deal for the domestic guy buying one book from you.

However...

Buyer A - looks at your books & wants to buy 7 of your $8 dollar books that are actually worth $5 each.

How is buyer A not getting ripped off for shipping costs that you've buried.

Buyer B is international - he looks at your books and wants to buy 1 or 7 - in either scenario his cost for the book only will include US domestic freight which he shouldn't have to cover since he'll be paying an international shipping charge.

It made sense the first time. No lengthy explanation needed. Farm animals don't buy comics on E-Bay anyway.

Oh man, I'm late to the party on this one!

So, to recap....

Someone is. Charging lots of money to ship something and that amount is too much with no justifiable reason....

I feel like I've seen this before....

...I just can't think where....

...it's on the tip of my... OH, Multiple online stores!

Sarcasm aside, he can charge what he wants. If he loses a sale, sucks for him. You'll eventually find the same books for the prices you want.

Patience... It's the first lesson of the Jedi.

Be a Jedi man!

I hate it when sellers try to pad their prices like this. free shipping is the way to go man not gouge people. i'd rather see a book for $40 free shipping than $20 plus $20 shipping-for some reason it's insulting. like a burrito is $5 you ask for sour cream total is $8.....wtf

This doesn't make sense.

If you are offering free shipping on a per book basis then you ARE gouging on shipping when someone orders several books from you.

A shipping inclusive price is also going to result in your international buyers paying the "buried" domestic shipping + having to pay for international shipping.

(shrug)

:bump:

Since my above example didn't make sense to you let me try this again.

If you have a book that you want $5 for & domestic shipping in the US is approximately $3 - so you price that $5 book at $8 - great! That's a fair & easy deal for the domestic guy buying one book from you.

However...

Buyer A - looks at your books & wants to buy 7 of your $8 dollar books that are actually worth $5 each.

How is buyer A not getting ripped off for shipping costs that you've buried.

Buyer B is international - he looks at your books and wants to buy 1 or 7 - in either scenario his cost for the book only will include US domestic freight which he shouldn't have to cover since he'll be paying an international shipping charge.

It made sense the first time. No lengthy explanation needed. Farm animals don't buy comics on E-Bay anyway.

:popcorn: