• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ECKMAN's Comic & Toy Show - New Braunfels, TX March 22

22 posts in this topic

For all the San Antonio-Austin corridor folks, the old Live Oak show has relocated to the New Braunfels Civic Center and should be resuming the normal once-every-three-months rotation this year.

Weird Paper Industries will be set up there again with our usual selection of the unusual, so if you're a boardie or just board, come by and buy!

I finally have a table after being on the wait list forever. Unfortunately there is a serious illness in my family so I wont set up this show but I am in and will be able to set up at future shows.

Good mix of comic dealers, some over priced, some you can make good deals with.

I always find one or two who I can make deals with and have something I want. Weird Paper among them.

There are a few dealers who have taken on what I call the "Rozanski Method" where they mark everything ~2x guide and then offer 50% off. It's becoming more and more prevalent. That and poor grading, but those two methods are fairly typical for shows like Eckman's. You just have to be aware is all.

Wish I could have made it. How was the show?
Remarkably good, both attendance- and sales-wise. I don't know if it's the new venue or the longer-than-usual time between shows, but the two shows at the new location have both been very solid.

A heads up to anybody in the San Antonio/Austin area, this Saturday will be the next Collector's Expo in New Braunfels. A remarkably good show with a wide variety of cool stuff.

Seems like bad timing with the Capital City Comic Con going on this weekend.

A heads up to anybody in the San Antonio/Austin area, this Saturday will be the next Collector's Expo in New Braunfels. A remarkably good show with a wide variety of cool stuff.

Yep that's pretty bad timing. I like the eckman show but there's no way I drive to new braunfels sat when capital city is right there.

Yep that's pretty bad timing. I like the eckman show but there's no way I drive to new braunfels sat when capital city is right there.

Yeah, I get that. I know Dale had to schedule the venue years back to get in to a regular rotation after the old place shut down. Look at it this way, though. Three days in the same old dealer's room gets a little boring. You can take a few hours off, drive 45 minutes down to New Braunfels, check it out and get some killer bbq in Kyle on the way back. :grin:

Yeah, I get that. I know Dale had to schedule the venue years back to get in to a regular rotation after the old place shut down. Look at it this way, though. Three days in the same old dealer's room gets a little boring. You can take a few hours off, drive 45 minutes down to New Braunfels, check it out and get some killer bbq in Kyle on the way back. :grin:

You know how to sell it. :)

Where is there good BBQ in Kyle?

That's what I want to know too!

Milt's, right off the main square is really good -- great BBQ, and probably the best sides I've had at a BBQ joint. Railroad BBQ is also pretty good. If you like catfish, RRBBQ does fried catfish on Saturday nights.

Or there's a location of Black's across the street from Capital City. ;)

just sayin . . .

I usually find something decent at Eckman's but very concerned that everybody will be at CC. Depending on how that is going, I may drive down to Eckman's. I really like that new location.