• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

All NM+ or better

62 posts in this topic

There could be something here you never know.

If this was here in NC I'd check it out.

Years ago there was a deal that was linked here on the boards where a guy was selling warehouse finds that had FF 48's and ASM 28's gallore in a set I heard folks did very well on this deal. So you never can tell.

The FF 48, 50 and IH 181 by themselves are what - 8-9k?

Exactly what grade do you think these are in?

NM+ or better...didn't you read the ad?

So you going to check them out?

The FF 48, 50 and IH 181 by themselves are what - 8-9k?

Exactly what grade do you think these are in?

NM+ or better...didn't you read the ad?

So you going to check them out?

No, getting ready to move in a couple of months, so saving the pennies and actually trying to downsize. Lots of Chicago area boardies here though; if it's legit might make for a nice deal for someone...

Seriously, anyone thinking of paying $14K for this doesn't have $14K.
:roflmao:

the books listed alone even in 9.2/9.4 are not worth 14 k to a dealer. no room left to make money. Nice books but really need to see them.

assuming all the books listed are NM which = 9.4's, as per GPA data the value is $16,000.00 ( of course that is for CGC 9.4's...)

I would be very skeptical of the collection, the pictures look good but they are small and can easily hide any imperfections. I would also assume the seller does not know how to grade and that what we are looking at is F-VF books. Is worth checking into though.

lol, I saw 'Craigs List' in the link and that was enough for me.

I don't trust ANYONE but board members!

....And men that hang out in parks with free candy in their vans....

But NEVER a Craigs List user.

stolen deslabbed books? weird that he has so many keys in NM unslabbed

Not really. Could be that this guy has a lot more comics and is just showing the keys.

Could be that the original collector sold the bulk of his collection and just kept the keys, and if that was even 10 years ago, he might not know about slabbing. Or if the collector was a bit older and hadnt' collected in many years, he wouldn't even know about slabbing.

Or some people just like em RAW.

Or they could be stolen, but you could then say that about any raw comic sold (albeit craiglist is a bit more suspicious in general).

But I don't find it immediately and obviously strange without more info.

stolen deslabbed books? weird that he has so many keys in NM unslabbed

Not really. Could be that this guy has a lot more comics and is just showing the keys.

Could be that the original collector sold the bulk of his collection and just kept the keys, and if that was even 10 years ago, he might not know about slabbing. Or if the collector was a bit older and hadnt' collected in many years, he wouldn't even know about slabbing.

Or some people just like em RAW.

Or they could be stolen, but you could then say that about any raw comic sold (albeit craiglist is a bit more suspicious in general).

But I don't find it immediately and obviously strange without more info.

+1

It is most likely not real or of lesser grade but you just never know.

i hope gang bangers never figure out they can sucker comic collectors with thousands of dollars in their pocket and hijack em like they do pizza delivery guys

i hope gang bangers never figure out they can sucker comic collectors with thousands of dollars in their pocket and hijack em like they do pizza delivery guys

That is the exact reason I'm on these boards. Now i'm gonna talk to my crew and stage a Con! (Like comic con, but with more mugging)

I think that did actuallt happen, or almost happened to some people on here, I forget who though.

I think that did actuallt happen, or almost happened to some people on here, I forget who though.

meet at starbucks, folks