• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Found a job! 10% celebration! Closing tomorrow at noon!

32 posts in this topic

Losing one's job is catching, it seems, as I lost mine last week. Now that the resume is polished and I've talked to more headhunters than I care to think of, I'd better start listing comics.

This is will be an ongoing sale. I'll start piles for whomever wants it and can ship immediately or whenever you say "when."

Shipping is $3 for 1-2 comics First Class; $4 for 3-8 comics Media Mail; $5 for 9 or more comics Media Mail. I can ship Priority for $6 for whatever can fit comfortably in a flat-rate envelope and exact shipping for anything above that. (I live in Chicago, and can meet up with anyone in the area if they'd rather.)

I will more than gladly ship internationally at exact cost.

An :takeit: or PM wins it, and if I'm not around to confirm, it's whatever time-stamp is earlier.

I'm running a similar thread in the Copper/Modern section -- http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=7535140 -- and shipping/payment is gladly combined.

Little Archie Mystery #1 GD/VG OPG $15 Your Price $12SOLD

Short, two-issue series. Still with the same great Little Archie storytelling from Bob Bolling that you expect.

GD/VG -- stain that runs the edge from the top staple to the A in Archie.

LittleArchie214_zpsaf5c8b78.jpg

Batman #183 FN- Second Poison Ivy! OPG $38 Your price $25!

Why only $25? Well, there looks to be some glue on the upper staple that you can see from the inside. Otherwise a really nice looking book.

FN-

Batman183215_zps9a3964de.jpg

Adventure Comics #171 VG OPG $96 Your Price $75!

This is one of those too late for Golden too early for Silver issues. Great cover!

VG -- There are folds on the cover, an arrival date written in pencil, a 1" tear near the bottom of the spine; still presents really nicely

Adventure171216_zps07dc82f4.jpg

Little Archie Mystery #1 GD/VG OPG $15 Your Price $12!

Short, two-issue series. Still with the same great Little Archie storytelling from Bob Bolling that you expect.

GD/VG -- stain that runs the edge from the top staple to the A in Archie.

LittleArchie214_zpsaf5c8b78.jpg

:takeit:

Billy the Kid and Oscar #3 VG OPG $20 Your Price $10!SOLD

This is a comic I bought only because I had never seen one before. I'm not saying it's rare or anything, but in my decades of collecting, I've never seen an issue from this run. Have you ever done that?

VG -- The white cover does this one in as it's just sort of well read and dirty; but the cover and centerfold are tight and everything is purty

BillytheKid3217_zpsf28a89b6.jpg

Cindy #31 VG/FN OPG $38 Your price $25!SOLD

Remember when Kurtzman's Hey Looks were hot? Was it the early 90s, maybe? Kurtzman and Powerhouse Pepper by Wolverton were on everyone's mind. Anyway, this has a one-page Hey Look! and some fun Atlas teen humor.

VG/FN -- nice looking book overall; some spine wear

Cindy31218_zps1e83c63e.jpg

Cindy #31 VG/FN OPG $38 Your price $25!

Remember when Kurtzman's Hey Looks were hot? Was it the early 90s, maybe? Kurtzman and Powerhouse Pepper by Wolverton were on everyone's mind. Anyway, this has a one-page Hey Look! and some fun Atlas teen humor.

VG/FN -- nice looking book overall; some spine wear

Cindy31218_zps1e83c63e.jpg

:takeit:

Losing one's job is catching, it seems, as I lost mine last week. Now that the resume is polished and I've talked to more headhunters than I care to think of, I'd better start listing comics.

This is will be an ongoing sale. I'll start piles for whomever wants it and can ship immediately or whenever you say "when."

Shipping is $3 for 1-2 comics First Class; $4 for 3-8 comics Media Mail; $5 for 9 or more comics Media Mail. I can ship Priority for $6 for whatever can fit comfortably in a flat-rate envelope and exact shipping for anything above that. (I live in Chicago, and can meet up with anyone in the area if they'd rather.)

I will more than gladly ship internationally at exact cost.

An :takeit: or PM wins it, and if I'm not around to confirm, it's whatever time-stamp is earlier.

I'm running a similar thread in the Copper/Modern section -- http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=7535140 -- and shipping/payment is gladly combined.

Bummer! Best of luck in finding a new job. :wishluck:

Comic Capers #6 VG- OPG $28 Your price $18!SOLD

Who doesn't love Zippy Pig? WHO!? Early Atlas funny animal, last issue of the series.

VG- -- There is some foxing around the edges, a stain on Silly Seal's face, and a small hole near the front tire of the Pig's bike; but it presents really well

ComicCapers6226_zps14bd5a42.jpg

Homer, the Happy Ghost #10 VG OPG $28 Your price $18!

Nice pre-Archie Dan DeCarlo art.

VG -- Small piece out of the cover near the price, spine wear; cover and centerfold tightly attached

HomerHappy225_zpsc298f51e.jpg

Spirit #1 and #2 (Harvey)

Nine new pages (and a new cover) in each issue. I always loved these comics.

#1 FN OPG $24 Your price $15

Spirit1223_zpsdb1e0b2c.jpg

#2 FN OPG $21 Your price $12

Spirit2224_zpsebea4246.jpg

Take them both for $25!

True Complete Mystery #5 VG OPG $54 Your price $40!

Another one of those books that you just don't see very often. It has the Marvel Comics logo (which I love) and more text on the cover than most entire comics have today.

VG -- A couple of tears on the cover, but it presents really nicely

TrueMystery5222_zps80b98d63.jpg

Wonder Woman #137 VG OPG $20 Your price $10!

She's fighting a robot. I mean, you can't beat that. And terrific Andru/Esposito art to boot.

VG -- pretty nice book, but there's a moisture stain up near the DC logo

WW137221_zpsabad45b2.jpg

Last one for today (but fear not... there will be more listings this weekend on both threads).

Superman's Girl Friend Lois Lane #70 FN- OPG $62 Your price $48!SOLD

I never shortchange the title of this comic. It's not Lois Lane. It's SUPERMAN'S GIRL FRIEND LOIS LANE. She's earned that right!

FN- -- if not for the fact that this has a white cover... there is some general handling wear above Lois's head, but it's a solid book with a lot of gloss

LL70220_zpsad479a9c.jpg

Last one for today (but fear not... there will be more listings this weekend on both threads).

Superman's Girl Friend Lois Lane #70 FN- OPG $62 Your price $48!

I never shortchange the title of this comic. It's not Lois Lane. It's SUPERMAN'S GIRL FRIEND LOIS LANE. She's earned that right!

FN- -- if not for the fact that this has a white cover... there is some general handling wear above Lois's head, but it's a solid book with a lot of gloss

LL70220_zpsad479a9c.jpg

Missed again :cry:

Marvel Chillers #3-5 and 7 FN Your price $12

Four of the first five Tigra appearances. As a kid, I thought it would be so cool to have a hairy girlfriend. Does that make me a pervert?

Avg FN -- General edge wear, but no stains or overly terrible defects

th_MarvelChillers3227_zpsc3eaeff7.jpg th_MarvelChillers4228_zps84e79a05.jpg