• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hero for Hire #1 - very hard to find in high grade...thoughts?

44 posts in this topic

I agree. I've known about the high value of a solid NM copy of this book for a while. If I had any NM copies, they would all have been submitted. I've been trying to find a raw NM copy for my personal collection for a while, they just don't seem to be around.

I think that it has taken longer for HFH than Marvel SPotlight because there was (for a while at least) a bit of a buzz about the possible Ghost Rider movie. Nicolas Cage is a big name right now, and when he supposedly came out and asked for the part (don't know if he did or not, but that was the rumor) everything Ghost Rider saw a little bit of movement. Luke Cage, as cool as the character may be, has seen almost nothing new in over a decade. These aren't even second tier characters at this point, they are way down the line. In fact, now may be a pretty good time to buy into them since you know nothing in Marvel stays un-cool forever.

Speak of the devil....

Hero for Hire #1 9.6

Is it my imagination, or do books we chat about just show the hell up all the time? You know there are a lot of people reading these boards that don't participate. I'm often told by people that I'm familiar with or just met... that they've read my posts on the forum... I wonder if some sellers are cruising around here wondering what's hot to post and in demand? hmmmmm. wink.gif

I think I will be starting a thread about the scarcity of MTU 1 in 9.6, Hulk 180 in 9.8... etc.. very soon grin.gif

Maybe you're right Brian... nah! tongue.gif

Very true... very true... sure would hate to see a GREEN LANTERN 195 IN 9.4 OR BETTER CONDITION showing up on Ebay here in the next few days while my wallet is particularly bloated and ready to absorb an impact from a purchase of tremendous scale like that...

Fantastic Four 11 thru 20!!!! They're rare, hard to find, never listed, sell for a ton!!!

Fantastic Four 11 thru 20!!!! They're rare, hard to find, never listed, sell for a ton!!!

Mine first, mine first, list mine first!!

Bruce,

The hardest book to find on in high grade is Strange Tales #135 in 9.4 or better.

I've only seen just 1 copy in a year and a half. It sold for $670.00.

I'm just hoping that this book will start poping up.

Yes, I know this is a bronze age section.

I definitely believe more copies of HFH #1 will start poping up in 9.6 or better.

It's a #1 and people always bought the #1 issues. It's just a matter of time.

$670.00? That's it?

I would have thought it'd command a much higher price. Very tough indeed.

Speak of the devil....

Hero for Hire #1 9.6

Is it my imagination, or do books we chat about just show the hell up all the time? You know there are a lot of people reading these boards that don't participate. I'm often told by people that I'm familiar with or just met... that they've read my posts on the forum... I wonder if some sellers are cruising around here wondering what's hot to post and in demand? hmmmmm.

I think I will be starting a thread about the scarcity of MTU 1 in 9.6, Hulk 180 in 9.8... etc.. very soon

Maybe you're right Brian... nah!

BTW... IT WORKS!!! (on the 13th I posted the above).. and 8 days later I found/bought a 9.8 Hulk 180!!!... I have not heard about a 9.6 Marvel Team Up 1 yet, but did find a 9.6 AA 11... almost as rare.

So... anyone ever notice how hard it is to find a...

ASM 123 in 9.6/9.8...

ASM 129 in 9.8...

Hulk 141 in 9.8...

Hulk 162 in 9.8...

Hulk 180 in 9.9...

Hulk 181 in 9.8...

Marvel Team Up in 9.6/9.8

Marvel 2-1 #1 in 9.6/9.8

Marvel Premiere 1 & 15 in 9.8

Daredevil 131 in 9.8

Daredevil 158 in 9.9

Daredevil 168 in 9.8

Ghost Rider 1 in 9.8

Hero for Hire 1 in 9.8

Xmen 94 in 9.6/9.8

Xmen 101 in 9.8

Everyone... wink.gif

grin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gif

Bruce,

The hardest book to find on in high grade is Strange Tales #135 in 9.4 or better.

I've only seen just 1 copy in a year and a half. It sold for $670.00.

I'm just hoping that this book will start poping up.

Yes, I know this is a bronze age section.

I definitely believe more copies of HFH #1 will start poping up in 9.6 or better.

It's a #1 and people always bought the #1 issues. It's just a matter of time.

It also happened to Michael...

His Strange Tales #135 in 9.4 popped up at Heritage!!!

Hey JR... did you find any FF's between.. 11 and 20??? laugh.giflaugh.gif

Is it my imagination, or do books we chat about just show the hell up all the time?

Does it work for things other than books?

Have you ever noticed how hard it is to find

Jennifer Garner

Kristin Kreuk

Petra Nemcova

Gisele Bundchen

showing up on your doorstep with a pizza and the latest issue of Wizard?

Hey...there's the doorbell!! grin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gif

Gene

Unfortunately my wife might want Val Kilmer to show up as well, so I can't ask for Jennifer Garner. But I can ask for:

Fantastic Four 161-165, 167, 168, 170, 172-175 in 9.6 or the elusive 9.8!

Avengers 160-163 in 9.8

and a special! New Teen Titans 1-12 in 9.8. Will pay a LOT for a 9.8 4!

Find them for me please!