• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What would you grade this copy of FF#48? Qualified label or blue?

45 posts in this topic

Yeah, I know what you're saying, however because of the Thanos:The End series stated that the dead won't be revivied I think it's a cop-out to have Colussus not die. So it will just be another in a long line of pseudo-deaths in the Marvel Universe. So then we have to wonder whether Ant-man, Jack of Hearts, and Hawkeye are truly dead.

I certainly hope they decide to resolve this problem soon, Hawkeye was one of my favorite characters, although Ant-man never really appealed to me. You now they have to revive Thor, I mean this is the a major player in the Marvel Universe.

I hear you. Between characters coming back to life, multiple variant covers, and stories-getting-lamer-by-the-minute (see: Spider-Man's clone storyline) it is starting to feel like 1993 in the comic market all of a sudden. Count me firmly among those who say that Quesada is going to bite it bigtime when the new issue market continues to shrink.

And as for Thor, you're right. You know they're going to bring him back. They're still trying to sell his movie rights and they can't do that if he isn't an active character -- plus, his sales started picking up during the latest story arc, so it isn't like the character isn't viable. I mean, he's the God of Thunder and has weather control powers. He can make it rain if he wants to. Speaking of which, I have a copy of Thor #85 where he dies. The book is a 9.2-9.4 except for a few Thor-powered raindrops that fell on the back cover and left very minor water stains. What do you think the book will grade out at if sent to CGC under Economy Tier, not Modern Tier? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

It's funny that you're talking about rainDROPS and "tiers" because it would be easy to confuse the two and come up with Thor-powered "tier"drops... but what would the Thunder God have to be so sad about?

Or maybe they were "tiers" of laughter? Perhaps Hercules spilled some hot, hot coffee on his loincloth and leapt to and fro, screaming like a little, girlish, stuck pig?

7.5 or 8.0 and blue. Why are you thinking green?

Because aside from the very light water staining -- which is limited to the back cover only and would substantially lower the otherwise very high grade book (a textbook example of a book that gets a green label) -- the book is structurally a 9.2 to 9.4.

But thanks for your opinion. It isn't my book -- I posted it for someone I know who isn't a board member, because he asked me to grade the book and I thought it was a toughie.

More opinions welcome, so keep them coming, guys.

FWIW, I'd give it a 9.2 or 9.4 Qualified if I were CGC. If there were no such thing as a qualified label, I would agree with your 7.5 to 8.0, Pete. thumbsup2.gif

Did your "friend" bought it from ebay 1 or 2 months ago?! from a seller who was also selling nº49 and 50?!

just curious to know if your friend was the high who pulled the carpet under my bid in the last second...320$ for this beautiful copie, good deal 893censored-thumb.giftonofbricks.gif

7.5 or 8.0 and blue. Why are you thinking green?

Because aside from the very light water staining -- which is limited to the back cover only and would substantially lower the otherwise very high grade book (a textbook example of a book that gets a green label) -- the book is structurally a 9.2 to 9.4.

But thanks for your opinion. It isn't my book -- I posted it for someone I know who isn't a board member, because he asked me to grade the book and I thought it was a toughie.

More opinions welcome, so keep them coming, guys.

FWIW, I'd give it a 9.2 or 9.4 Qualified if I were CGC. If there were no such thing as a qualified label, I would agree with your 7.5 to 8.0, Pete. thumbsup2.gif

Did your "friend" bought it from ebay 1 or 2 months ago?! from a seller who was also selling nº49 and 50?!

just curious to know if your friend was the high who pulled the carpet under my bid in the last second...320$ for this beautiful copie, good deal 893censored-thumb.giftonofbricks.gif

I don't know where he got it or for how much.