• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Heritage May Auction

827 posts in this topic

I'm not as impressed by high grades as I used to be pre-Cole Schave. The book looks nice, but for all anybody knows, it could have been a former 8.0 that someone dry-cleaned and pressed the bejesus out of. (It's a million miles out of my price range regardless.)

I'm not as impressed by high grades as I used to be pre-Cole Schave. The book looks nice, but for all anybody knows, it could have been a former 8.0 that someone dry-cleaned and pressed the bejesus out of. (It's a million miles out of my price range regardless.)

Beautiful book. Why is it we always assume a GA nice book has been pressed? (shrug)

Beautiful book. Why is it we always assume a GA nice book has been pressed? (shrug)

Because money.

Because money.

Yup.

Because money.

Yup.

True, but then there's also money to be considered.

I think it is important to do your research on a book before purchasing it (if you care about that sort of thing). to ensure you know what you are buying.

Yeah that has been on there for years. The slight P doesn't bother me too much and I wouldn't mind owning that copy.

Its the $12k that prevents me from owning a copy :insane:

:gossip: They entertain offers. As the book has been listed for years as Peter rightly mentioned, I'm sure they're all ears by now ;)

Yeah that has been on there for years. The slight P doesn't bother me too much and I wouldn't mind owning that copy.

Its the $12k that prevents me from owning a copy :insane:

Yeah at $12k I think it would take me a month to decide what single book to buy [assuming you could only pick one]. Even then I'd probably change my mind 10 times.

I know its a bit early but I'm just flipping through the preview of it and wow there are some crazy books coming up. I wonder which collection this book came out of?

ww1_zps8652f95a.jpg

This book was previously graded as a CGC 9.2 (ow). It's possible that it was simply resubmitted, but it 's more likely that it was also pressed.

Because money.

Yup.

True, but then there's also money to be considered.

Don`t forget greed.

then it's krap

You`ve finally come around to my way of thinking! :acclaim:

:baiting:

send one of those western penns' over here, and i'll agree with you on a line-item basis!!!