• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Wishing Marvel would bring back Captain Marvel

9 posts in this topic

One of my favorite characters has been dead over 30 years, and still not back among the living. I always loved this character, him and Warlock were the ultimate space heroes to read about (no disrespect to Surfer), I just enjoyed it more.

I have fallen too many times for Marvel, having him reappear for a second or someone pretending to be him, that I just have given up hope. I mean Thanos worships death and has been killed / resurrected more times then Ra's.

Come on Marvel get Brubaker on this immediately, or borrow Geoff Johns for a 6 issues series.

i seen him make a comeback on page 23 of cap #29. Last i seen he was flying around in that green sunlight... i mean the eye in Eon's face.

Seriously though after the ending of cap 33 what do you do for an encore? I think that was what doomed the series going forward from that point. Good luck on ever seeing him again they will probably just bring back the female version again instead.

I look at it this way. Things have their time and place. Pretty confident any redux would underwhelm.

Cap M was one of my favorite superheros growing up. Right up there with Spidey and Bats. Because I have such respect for the character and for the way he was killed off, I actually hope Marvel honors him enough to NOT bring him back like they've done so many times with others. It just dilutes what was special about Cap.

didn't they bring him back in the Civil War? I thought it was 'The Return'

if I'm wrong, dumb, or both, don't hesitate to let me know. Thanks.

http://mycomicshop.com/search?TID=690281

I hope they never bring him back.

It would only diminish the legacy.

And that is to put it mildly.

I wonder how much people are actually familiar with the characters.

Bringing characters from the dead (especially where it’s unlikely at its utmost) is a despicable and poor thing introduced after Marvel disawoved all its legacy in favor of I-still-don't know what.

I started a similar thread a few weeks ago, and got much the same responses. I'd still like to see the character back.

Marvel did ignore their legacy for most of the dead characters, but I think they did try to pull a "DC", and just have a new generation of the characters by creating the Ultimates line. I thought that was going to be a good way to bring back beloved characters, without direct interference with the legacy line....as we all now know, the Ultimate line didn't work out so well, so here we are.

A good alternative, so as to not spit in the eye of the character's legacy, might be to create new stories of past era....untold stories sort of thing.

This was the most cynical pile of utter wildly_fanciful_statement Marvel has pulled in years and that is really saying something.

This was hyped up as the return of Captain Marvel,but it was just a cheap way to get money for an unnecessary tie-in while also protecting their trademarks by publishing a comic with the Captain Marvel title.

The premise supposedly was that CM had traveled to the present from before he died of cancer and was now stuck in the present - kind of like what they have since done with the original X-Men. Except they went nowhere at all with it and then, if I recall correctly, it was later revealed that this CM was actually a skrull. The end.

An utterly shameless scam to trick nostalgic fans. There was no apparent intent to actually follow through with a CM story. Just complete compostable_fertilizer from Marvel all around.

This was the most cynical pile of utter wildly_fanciful_statement Marvel has pulled in years and that is really saying something.

This was hyped up as the return of Captain Marvel,but it was just a cheap way to get money for an unnecessary tie-in while also protecting their trademarks by publishing a comic with the Captain Marvel title.

The premise supposedly was that CM had traveled to the present from before he died of cancer and was now stuck in the present - kind of like what they have since done with the original X-Men. Except they went nowhere at all with it and then, if I recall correctly, it was later revealed that this CM was actually a skrull. The end.

An utterly shameless scam to trick nostalgic fans. There was no apparent intent to actually follow through with a CM story. Just complete compostable_fertilizer from Marvel all around.

ah didn't know he was a skrull, I lost interest completely after reading that comic, and I didn't get into that skrull invasion thingy. In that case, I'm glad he's still dead and they haven't effed it up yet.

BUT if Guardians does well, they could do kind of prequel movie with Captain Marvel.