• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Pretty Marvels of the Day

117 posts in this topic

here they are; i had some difficulties in adapting to a slight change in my Image hoster, but it seems all is now well.

i'm posting these due to the heightened interest apparent in the TTA's based on recent record sales on both Comiclink and Pedigree. as always, these were purchased by me from Sid's Luncheonette in Orange NJ, back in 1964.

all 7 have been graded a minimum of 9.0 (1 - 9.0, 2 - 9.2 & 4 - 9.4)and have a minimum PQ of off-white. although Giant-Man wasn't my fave, these covers are all pretty cool nonetheless. (especially # 57 with Spidey). thumbsup2.gif

1100775973190_TTA_s_005.jpg

1099782072712_TTA_s_006.jpg

1101398604258_1100318512719_TTA_s_004.jpg

1100193138928_TTA_s_003.jpg

1101008821189_TTA_s_002.jpg

1099969038610_TTA_s_001.jpg

1102156437402_TTA_s.jpg

Nice, very nice..

#57, and 60 will always be my fav's.

Too bad Pym did not have better villans... he got Human Top's and Porcupines, and Spidey gets Goblins, and Octopus's.

Poor Pym.

But hey, he did get the girl!

Ze-

Burnt,

Great books. That El Toro cover really cracks me up. They were really scraping the bottom of the barrell of ideas back then.

yeh, i think that ant/giant-man had the worst group of villains imaginable. only the infamous Paste Pot Pete can hold a candle to them........... grin.gif

Those are absolutely spectacular.

So list the grades for each book. I'm guessing the #60 is the 9.0 and #51/ #59 are the 9.2's?

I gotta own a Sid's book one of these days. insane.gif

well, three out of seven ain't bad............ smirk.gif

i'd forgotten which was which, and based on your grading skills exhibited in Nikos' contest assumed you were right. but, these scans aren't as big and there are no back covers so you're forgiven.

60 is the 9.0 as evidenced by the spine creases. however the 9.2's are actually 50 and 54. #'s 51, 53, 57 and 59 are all 9.4's............ thumbsup2.gif

Pretty lousy guesses if I say so myself. The #59's overhang seems a little rough and the #54 has a thumb crease at the top, so that's why I said 9.2's on those.

Still those are GIANT books!!!!!!!

Will we be seeing them on Doug's site anytime soon?

Pretty lousy guesses if I say so myself. The #59's overhang seems a little rough and the #54 has a thumb crease at the top, so that's why I said 9.2's on those.

probably after the dust settles from all the current TTA activity he has going on.

i'm sitting here today trying to figure out if it's worth trying to get some HG DC's onsited at the national. not sure the quick turnaround is worth the fairly significant extra dough. if i had some HG keys it would probably be a no-brainer but for more routine books that won't bring in over $250 a pop, i'm not sure......what happens if they have to take them to florida. you pay the super premium for a bit faster turnaround???

i'm sitting here today trying to figure out if it's worth trying to get some HG DC's onsited at the national. not sure the quick turnaround is worth the fairly significant extra dough. if i had some HG keys it would probably be a no-brainer but for more routine books that won't bring in over $250 a pop, i'm not sure......what happens if they have to take them to florida. you pay the super premium for a bit faster turnaround???

My opinion would be NO. Send the books or (give directly to CGC at the show) and go through the regular process. My main reason for saying that is because I know you don't need a quick sale. And by the time you get the books back in February or March, the new guide will be right around the corner (to maximize your profit potential). thumbsup2.gif

what happens if they have to take them to florida. you pay the super premium for a bit faster turnaround???

Anyone?

I think you get a bonus autographed glossy of Steve B sunning himself on the beach while examining your books and a margarita... confused-smiley-013.gif

Thanks for that visual smile.gif

Burnt, I still don't understand why you never broached the subject of a pedigree with CGC? These are original owner, high grade SA books including many keys. Seems like you could make a reasonable argument for a pedigree ?

If you submit them to CGC in a "trickle," rather than en masse, I could see how CGC might not notice/appreciate the full magnitude of the collection... you'd have to tell 'em the size/scope of the collection and see what they say...

My main guess at why they didn't call this a pedigree is that there wasn't really enough books (I know a thousand sounds like a lot but for SA pedigrees it really isn't) and that the few major key books were mostly in the VF range (right?).

probably after the dust settles from all the current TTA activity he has going on.

Sell them raw. I'm sure there would more than a few people on these boards who might be willing to buy them especially since they know that you were the original owner. confused-smiley-013.gif

Sell them raw. I'm sure there would more than a few people on these boards who might be willing to buy them especially since they know that you were the original owner.

They're are NOT RAW.

He just didn't show the label.