• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Any good comic shops in Columbus Ohio?

5 posts in this topic

I'm heading to C-Bus for a few days - any good shops I should check out while in town. The Laughing Ogre is definitely the coolest name for a store I've seen in awhile.

Depends what you are looking for. In terms of back issues Laughing Ogre and Packrat are worth going to. I believe Packrat has a huge basement full of back issues including a lot for a dollar. Moore comics is in a guy's house, lot of back issues there as well, you will have to spend a long time digging and moving stuff though. All of those stores are mostly bronze (or copper) to modern. If you are looking for older stuff from silver and gold then go to World's Greatest.

Black Hole Comix is one of those shops that you walk into and wonder how they are still in business, don't even bother with it.

I haven't been to Heroes and Games on High Street downtown, but considering the location you should definitely check it out.

Comics Town III (located on Morse Rd. closer to I-71) is a great shop; mostly moderns, but have a selection of coppers...recently, they've been putting some Bronze books on the top shelf w/ asking price tags. (thumbs u

Also to add, last time I visited there which was a couple of weeks ago, were interviews for a ASM 2 commercial screen test....applied & didn't have time to be interviewed, but came away with some nice swag for signing up... :cool:

I haven't been to Heroes and Games on High Street downtown, but considering the location you should definitely check it out.

I've stumbled across Heroes & Games around a year ago...it's a very quaint shop, with all comics eras abundant...at one point, they even had a box with Golden Age books on the floor table present :o

I believe the owner has submission facilities for CGC also...his name escapes me at the moment though... hm

It's an oasis when Wizard World Ohio (Mid-Ohio ComicsCon) comes around... :)

World's Greatest Comics is the best shop for back issues.

Capital City out east would be a close second.

Do not waste your time at Ogre or Pakrat, for back issues...but both cool stores. (FYI Pakrat no longer offers the $1 basement books, they adopted the "we price it at the register" policy, if the book is't already priced.)