• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The NEW Official "Hey These Scores Need Fixing" thread

76 posts in this topic

Hello. I was wondering if you could look at the scores for the teenage mutant ninja turtles volume 1. I feel like the score is way to high for the number 1 first print. There are now 13 9.8 graded They have been coming down on price ebay just sold a number 1 9.8 for 15000. Also the number 3 variant in my option is way harder to come by. There is only 500 copies ever made and only 2 are 9.8 and the score on that is around 900. Please let me know what you think

Thanks

The score was already adjusted last year (decreased) for TMNT #1. You have to remember that TMNT #1 is one of the most important comics since 1984, it is the key book for it's age. Compare that to the other books in the set and they don't come close. The score reflects its importance in the comic world and its value on the market. To compare the #3 variant with #1 is doing a disservice to the title. The #3 is a great book to own but look at it this way; all collectors know about TMNT #1, only TMNT fans will know about the #3 variant. Is the #3 rare? for sure, but it didn't create the billion dollar empire that #1 did. If you want the points associated to the #1 to be more reflective of your set then add a #1 to your set and bump it by the points it deserves.

There may be some books that need an adjustment upwards in the set but not many. Please don't touch the points on the TMNT #1 unless it is being increased. As it stands I personally think reducing the score last year was a mistake.

Gemma,

pre-Robin tecs need a MAJOR overhaul across all grades and conditions ( blue, purple and green )

It is no secret they're among the most sought after books in the hobby, are very tough to find in any grade / condition, and when they do come up for sale, always sell for very high $ amounts (this goes for blue, purple or green).

I could give a long list of examples for any of these books in all grades and conditions with registry scores that are completely unrealistic.

Thanks !

Hello. I was wondering if you could look at the scores for the teenage mutant ninja turtles volume 1. I feel like the score is way to high for the number 1 first print. There are now 13 9.8 graded They have been coming down on price ebay just sold a number 1 9.8 for 15000. Also the number 3 variant in my option is way harder to come by. There is only 500 copies ever made and only 2 are 9.8 and the score on that is around 900. Please let me know what you think

Thanks

The score was already adjusted last year (decreased) for TMNT #1. You have to remember that TMNT #1 is one of the most important comics since 1984, it is the key book for it's age. Compare that to the other books in the set and they don't come close. The score reflects its importance in the comic world and its value on the market. To compare the #3 variant with #1 is doing a disservice to the title. The #3 is a great book to own but look at it this way; all collectors know about TMNT #1, only TMNT fans will know about the #3 variant. Is the #3 rare? for sure, but it didn't create the billion dollar empire that #1 did. If you want the points associated to the #1 to be more reflective of your set then add a #1 to your set and bump it by the points it deserves.

There may be some books that need an adjustment upwards in the set but not many. Please don't touch the points on the TMNT #1 unless it is being increased. As it stands I personally think reducing the score last year was a mistake.

I will preface my opinion with, I was a 9.6 #1 owner since September of 2009 and only within two weeks I have become a 9.8 owner due to a trade deal where I could use my 9.6 in the transaction.

So as a 9.6 owner for 4+ years - a few of you know, like Rich n Jeff and I spoke to Gemma also. That I have always felt a 9.8's score has been skewed through the years, especially upon the first sale of one.

Upon the last update/decrease of a 9.8's score I was left scratching my head even more so because, I thought a 9.6's score as I told Gemma, was fairly spot on and all grades lower for the most part too......But how a 9.8s score does not have a 9.9's registry score eludes me. Because the other grades seem to adhere to GPA, sales, market trends, market value/importance and availibity.

My 2c

Hi,

Re: Supergirl (2005) set.

Annual #1 has just been added to the set, thank you. Please could the 9.8 score be adjusted from 24 to 25, to match the rest of the set?

Thank you.

BW

I am requesting a bump in the score for the East of West #1 "Variant Cover".

This is actually the "#1 RRP" of the East of West series, and should be more in line with how the Saga regular #1 and RRP are scored.

This has been a topic of discussion in the East of West Modern Board.

Thanks for your consideration and time.

Hi Gemma

I've spotted a few silver/ bronze Marvels where Registry scores could do with a review to bring them more in line with GPA. A few of these books are hot at the moment because of movie crossovers but I get the feeling that, like Iron Man #55, they will continue to hold value once the movie fever has died down.

Books and suggested adjustments are as follows:

Amazing Spider-man Annual #1 - increase by 25%

Avengers #55 - triple in value

Avengers Annual #2 (phenomenally tough black cover) - increase by 50%

Captain America #117 (has been undervalued for a long time) - triple in value

Daredevil #111 - double in value

Fantastic Four #52 (far more difficult than #48) - double in value

Incredible Hulk #102 (badly undervalued in relation to the other 1968 series starters and the other numbers immediately after) - 25% increase at least

Journey into Mystery Annual #1 - double in value and also add this issue to the Journey into Mystery set (it's only in the Marvel Annuals set at the moment)

Marvel Super-Heroes #18 - triple in value

Tales of Suspense #57 - double in value

Tales to Astonish #60 - increase by 25%

Thanks for considering.

Hi Gemma

I don't know if you've had chance to consider my suggested increases for various silver/ bronze Marvel books, but when you do could you also consider these additional suggestions?

Amazing Spider-man #39 - increase by 50%

Captain America #118 - double in value

Hero for Hire #1 - double in value

Iron Man #1 - increase by 25%

Marvel Premiere #1 - increase by 50%

Ms Marvel #1 - triple in value

The registry scores on these books are all lagging behind current GPA values and all are books with some intrinsic lasting value.

Thanks for considering.

Just checked my "Robin # 9" from 1993 in my Batman Knight/Knightsend/Knightquest set and it's score is 0. CGC #0229605001. Can this be fixed? Thanks! :)

Fixed.

Hi,

Re: Supergirl (2005) set.

Annual #1 has just been added to the set, thank you. Please could the 9.8 score be adjusted from 24 to 25, to match the rest of the set?

Thank you.

BW

Updated/Fixed.

I think they need to be adjusted badly. As a 9.6 owner I still feel they are to high for the 9.6 and 9.8. There are 90 comics in the set, and their isn't a single 9.9 Why should the number 1 first print 9.8 be worth more than the other 89 comics graded 9.8 signature series combined?

Just my opinion

I think they need to be adjusted badly. As a 9.6 owner I still feel they are to high for the 9.6 and 9.8. There are 90 comics in the set, and their isn't a single 9.9 Why should the number 1 first print 9.8 be worth more than the other 89 comics graded 9.8 signature series combined?

Just my opinion

Because the remaining 89 books in the set combined still aren't worth the same as a CGC 9.8 copy of issue #1? :shrug:

Hello,

I believe Wolverine 102.5 needs an update as a result of a 9.8 setting a new recorded high of $2001 the other evening.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/301142588931?_trksid=p2055120.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

:popcorn:

Greetings,

I thought I would add some detail to the request to increase the points on the Wolverine 102.5 (released in 1996). It was a mail away comic, I believe, similar to the Wolverine 145 Nabisco variant (released in 1999), however, due to thinner nature of the 102.5, it was very easily damaged in transit and not as widely distributed (estimated 2,500 for the 145 Nabisco vs 500 for the 102.5).

Currently, on the Registries, the 145 Nabisco has:

9.8 Universal 49 (SS – 12) points = 320 (352)

9.6 Universal 171 (SS – 31) points = 200 (220)

On the Registries, the 102.5 variant has:

9.8 Universal 2 (SS – 1) points = 25 (28)

9.6 Universal 5 (SS – 1) points = 15 (17)

Bearing in mind the above, I should be grateful if you would have a look at adjusting the points for the Wolverine 102.5.

Thanks in advance (thumbs u

Got two small problems. Looks like the registry isn't taking my Robin #7 CGC #0232921007, says invalid. Using it for my Knightfall, KnightQuest, KnightsEnd set.

Also, New 52 Batman #29 looks to have a problem with the "We Can Be Hero's Variant". My particular book #0232921003 says "Sketch cover" at the top while others have the title "We Can Be Hero's Variant". Aren't these the same book?

Also, New 52 Batman #29 looks to have a problem with the "We Can Be Hero's Variant". My particular book #0232921003 says "Sketch cover" at the top while others have the title "We Can Be Hero's Variant". Aren't these the same book?

The Batman 29 blank is just a regular blank. It does not have the "We can be heroes" banner on the book, so it should be listed as a regular blank cover.

Just my opinion

Because the remaining 89 books in the set combined still aren't worth the same as a CGC 9.8 copy of issue #1? :shrug:

5/28/14 C-Link Auction sale for a 9.8 = $16,250