• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jorge Zaffino Winterworld/Wintersea Pages Added to CAF!

1 post in this topic

After more years than I care to think about, my search for pages from one of my fave ‘80s books from Eclipse, “Winterworld/Wintersea” by Chuck Dixon and Jorge Zaffino has finally been realised!

With huge thanks to Jorge’s son, Gerardo Zaffino, I have been able to add 2 fabulous pages from “Wintersea” to my collection It’s been a long road which has seen me following up CAF leads, e-mailing people to see if pages were available (already sold), doing searches at websites/internet to try and locate examples of Jorge Zaffino’s work which featured the story’s main characters – all my efforts met with zero success.

Thanks to Gerardo (who literally suffered injury to send me these pages but that’s another story), I now have 2 incredible pages featuring Scully, Wynn and Rah Rah and I couldn’t be more thrilled and excited! Both pages are beautifully crafted and bring back wonderful memories of my early comic collecting years and my love for Jorge and Chuck’s work on this book. It doesn’t get any better than this

Zaffino is often described as an "artist's artist" and I know a number of talented artists who enjoy and collect his work (Ashley Wood, William Wray, Buzz, Dave Johnson to name a few). Sadly, Zaffino passed away at the age of 43 in 2002, while his output was not huge his work on Winterworld/Wintersea, Punisher GNs, Batman and other books will always be treasured!

The pages can be viewed here and I hope you enjoy checking them out :)

http://www.comicartfans.com/galleryroom.asp?gsub=155131

Thanks for looking! Warm regards,

Royd (who's once more a happy little vegemite! :))