• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Cool, Iconic, and...Affordable

66 posts in this topic

While many cool covers cost an arm and a leg, there are several that are relatively affordable. Post your iconic covers that can be had in mid-grade for under $500.

I'll start with this one....

145915.jpg.475475a9dc8d48b3b321a44307efaa3a.jpg

Expanding beyond crime, I'm an admirer of Mac Raboy's work on Captain Marvel, Jr. Most of these can be acquired relatively cheaply in mid-grade.

lf_zps7e32c688.jpeg

These covers are great! Keep 'em coming. I just bought a raw VG+ of the above Captain Marvel Jr. for $125. Sure is a sweet book, especially for that price. Sqeggs is right. Raboy's work is amazing!

I love this cover, and the Face is a great character… :)

BTW, would someone be able to tell me whether this can be a pedigree copy?

I seem to recall that "D" pencil mark from somewhere else…

XmXSDw2h.jpg

I have never seen that one before.

Me, either. Great book!

The Face was a regular feature in Big Shot Comics – he debuted in issue #1 as a backup character (Sky Man was the main feature).

He had this brief series entirely dedicated to him: two issues, plus two where the title changes to "Tony Trent" (which is the journalist alter-ego of the Face) for a total of four.

Big Shot has some great covers, either featuring the Face or some war ones… unfortunately I have just the Face #2 so far… :)

I love this cover, and the Face is a great character :)

BTW, would someone be able to tell me whether this can be a pedigree copy?

I seem to recall that "D" pencil mark from somewhere else

XmXSDw2h.jpg

Seen it before but not to often.Very nice!