• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Apparent or grade drop?

9 posts in this topic

So this is one of the cleanest copies I've seen of this book, except for of course the small tear on the front bottom cover (goes through the first page as well). Do you guys think this would get a qualified grade or a drop in grade?

photo magnus0001_zps2ba290fc.jpg

photo magnus0002_zps6f64198d.jpg

thanks (thumbs u

I do not think it would get the qualified grade. They would grade the book as per the defects present.

My guess is 7.0 because of the spine ticks I can see, and the prominent tear you mentioned.

I do not think it would get the qualified grade. They would grade the book as per the defects present.

My guess is 7.0 because of the spine ticks I can see, and the prominent tear you mentioned.

+1

Hey guys what does it mean when the category says "Apparent SP" or "Apparent SA"

SP = Professional Restoration

SA = Amateur Restoration

I believe the Professional/Amateur designation is made based on the materials used.

And the S is slight

SP = Slight Professional Restoration

MA = Moderate Amateur Restoration

EP = Extensive Professional Restoration

etc.