• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

As an eBayer for comic books...

72 posts in this topic

This is one thing that just doesn't bug me at all.

Sellers withholding FB, however.....

lol Why do you care?

I'm a caring person.

My average is probably about 3 days. I usually communicate any payment date beyond 2 days or ask before the auction ends. If the listing does not state payment expectations I may take up to 7 days. That was the old eBay rule so I guess I'm old school.

As a seller I send an email after the 2nd day and ask for the buyer's intentions. So long as they communicate a time I am good. :)

I pay instantly and people love it. Those who aren't lazy and leave me feedback I do repeat business with.

Why do you care?

Same reason you asked

The reason I asked is because it doesn't make any sense to me. Sellers can only leave positive FB to buyers.... making all buyer FB useless.

That's why you care about receiving FB from sellers?

My average is probably about 3 days. I usually communicate any payment date beyond 2 days or ask before the auction ends. If the listing does not state payment expectations I may take up to 7 days. That was the old eBay rule so I guess I'm old school.

As a seller I send an email after the 2nd day and ask for the buyer's intentions. So long as they communicate a time I am good. :)

2c

To me this is an excellent way to conduct business :golfclap:

lol Why do you care?

I'm a caring person.

I rarely give feedback. My ebay handle is the same as here if you wish to avoid. ;)

I pay instantly and people love it. Those who aren't lazy and leave me feedback I do repeat business with.

Why do you care?

Same reason you asked

The reason I asked is because it doesn't make any sense to me. Sellers can only leave positive FB to buyers.... making all buyer FB useless.

That's why you care about receiving FB from sellers?

I care because I do. It makes sense to me

lol Why do you care?

I'm a caring person.

I rarely give feedback. My ebay handle is the same as here if you wish to avoid. ;)

No FB? I take back what I said :Plol

Be careful. A seller may now file a UID after 2 days. With the 4 days to pay after it's filed, you would only have 6 total days to pay. Although most sellers stick to the old 4 + 4 UID.

I pay pretty much within 24 hours.

I send invoices as soon as an auction ends and give people three days to pay. I send a gentle reminder after two days with an out of "if you've changed your mind or don't have the dough..." Usually they pay right away then and if not after four days or whatever Ebay's minimum is, I open a case. The sooner I can relist, the faster the next person will pay.

I have heard more "Oh, I didn't know that I won it" lately. Also got "my son must have bid as I'm not into comics." Whatever. Just accept my cancel transaction so we can both move on.

I really don't have a problem with buyer's remorse before item is paid for and don't deal with a lot of high end ($100+) items so it's not a huge deal if someone changes their mind before paying.

If someone contacts in advance about paying later, I'm usually cool with that.

I pay right away. I give people two days to pay. On the third day I either message them asking if they are still interested or I use the non-paying bidder assistant thing. I used to require immediate payment for BINs but after instituting combined shipping discounts that is impossible to do from what I have seen.

I rarely run auctions so a buyer should have the funds available to them when they purchase something, since the final price isn't a surprise. All of my listings state my accepted payment period and buyers are more than welcome message me beforehand and work things out if they have to wait.

lol Why do you care?

I'm a caring person.

JB, why don't you give FB?

I'm okay with no FB but always wonder if something went south and they are karmaphobic about leaving negs or neuts.

lol Why do you care?

I'm a caring person.

I'm okay with no FB but always wonder if something went south and they are karmaphobic about leaving negs or neuts.

Most ebayers feel FB is a waste of time since sellers can only leave positive FB. Many ebayers have chosen not to participate in the FB system because of this. I always leave FB to buyers as soon as they pay. Basically it's for that one ebayer in a hundred that may be offended if I don't leave him his (always) positive FB.

lol Why do you care?

I'm a caring person.

No it's just a minor thing-not something to avoid a seller over. All I do is not leave them fb either....no biggie....

Be careful. A seller may now file a UID after 2 days. With the 4 days to pay after it's filed, you would only have 6 total days to pay. Although most sellers stick to the old 4 + 4 UID.

It would seem much like my post count here that my feedback speaks for me. :)

lol Why do you care?

I'm a caring person.

It just takes time and I have no incentive to do so. If someone requests it or I am bored on eBay then I do.

Well people have different views on FB but there's no point getting into that all over again....

On the OP I think we all agree a late payer happens from time to time and it's not worth losing sleep over.

I pay the moment I win the auctions unless I win auctions in my sleepy which I then pay the moment my grogginess goes away.

As for waiting to get paid, I usually put on my listings that payment needs to be received with 72 hours. If payment hasn't been received, I open a case.