• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What cover is this Spiderman artwork from????????????

50 posts in this topic

The worst foreign cover is the Heritage edition of Hulk 181 - it looks like the Hulk is fighting with a big, fat blonde-haired guy.

havent seen that one yet....

In Norway they really messed up trying to redraw/edit Superman 233...

In Brazil, they gave Ghost Rider 15 glow in the dark cover pupils which didnt look right either.....

That spidey figure is puzzling for sure. The eyes and the way the mask comes to a point (in profile) at the nose reminds me of Byrne or perhaps pollard MTU , but the inking is all kinds of weird.

Byrne MTU was the exact same thought that occurred to me (specifically MTU #68, although I have absolutely no idea why - it just sort of jumped at me that I was reminded of that issue).

you know what run #s I could search?

What year was this issues published in, so I can at least have an end date?

This book was published Jan 1977

Batman 237 came out in December 1971

6 year gap of using the reaper so Spiderman could be 60s or 70s unless it is a original drawing

The worst foreign cover is the Heritage edition of Hulk 181 - it looks like the Hulk is fighting with a big, fat blonde-haired guy.

http://www.comics.org/issue/235635/cover/4/

:roflmao:

jesus!!!

alot of these countries thought they could improve the artwork and the locals didnt know the difference due to not having the originals

6 year gap of using the reaper so Spiderman could be 60s or 70s unless it is a original drawing

Yeah, I just wanted an end date, and other than esoteric books like Spidey Super Stories, etc., I don't know of any mainstream pre-77 Spider-man book with that artwork.

Yeah, I just wanted an end date, and other than esoteric books like Spidey Super Stories, etc., I don't know of any mainstream pre-77 Spider-man book with that artwork.

the title reprinted Spidey stories so it could be one of those or the inside artwork

the title reprinted Spidey stories so it could be one of those or the inside artwork

I'd be looking through those then, as I've read everything else "mainstream Spidey" from that time period.

well its sure not Gil Kane's spider-man...

The Spidey figure reminds me of artwork from the Golden All Star Amazing Spiderman book from 1977. I no longer have my copy otherwise I would check.

Nope, just checked my copy. That image of Spider-Man is not in there. But very similar art style.

I do not recognize the image either.