• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What cover is this Spiderman artwork from????????????

50 posts in this topic

duron03.jpg

what issue is the Spiderman artwork from?

The rest of the cover is Batman 237 Neal Adams. The Mexican publisher combined artwork to publish their own cover....

Im trying to determine the 2 combined comics used to publish this book....

This in fact may be one of the rarest Neal Adams covers to exist

any idea what the interior content is?

I have no idea. No one has ever physically seen the book that I know of

It is a rare oddity especially for any hardcore Neal Adams fan

i was hoping maybe someone would recognize the spiderman artwork

This in fact may be one of the weirdest covers to exist that features a copied and altered piece of Neal Adams artwork

Fixed.

Fixed for real. Only the most brain-dead drooling insufficiently_thoughtful_person would call that a Neal Adams cover.

Neal Adams did draw the reaper and CGC already confirmed he would be credited with his artwork

That spidey figure is puzzling for sure. The eyes and the way the mask comes to a point (in profile) at the nose reminds me of Byrne or perhaps pollard MTU , but the inking is all kinds of weird. Could the spidey figure be original to this piece?

If its a reprinted shot of spidey it's got to be in that late 70s time frame. I don't recall spidey having a prominent nose peak like that, and eyes quite like that, at any other time. So if this published jan 77.... it's got to be from an issue within a couple years of that date. Id bet its an original drawing (wonky inking) made by looking at US comics for reference

This in fact may be one of the weirdest covers to exist that features a copied and altered piece of Neal Adams artwork

Fixed.

Fixed for real. Only the most brain-dead drooling insufficiently_thoughtful_person would call that a Neal Adams cover.

Neal Adams did draw the reaper and CGC already confirmed he would be credited with his artwork

If others disagree with your collecting habits, then it's you that's wrong and you need to refocus.

Fixed.

If others disagree with your collecting habits, then it's you that's wrong and you need to refocus.

lol

i love rare stuff that not everyone has. This Neal Adams edited artwork comic book would be a cool little gem in my collection

I dont care about it's value.

That spidey figure is puzzling for sure. The eyes and the way the mask comes to a point (in profile) at the nose reminds me of Byrne or perhaps pollard MTU , but the inking is all kinds of weird. Could the spidey figure be original to this piece?

It might be, as I've read pretty well every Spidey book from that era, and have a memory like a steel trap, and I don't recall that one.

The only tug of the memory I got was that (like you mentioned) Pollard or that Frank Miller Annual with Doc Strange and Doom, but that's just probably just a similarity of the inking or the pose.

It's probably an internal panel from a late-70's MTU that I never got around to reading.

Its a butchered cover. Looks like someone swiped the Adams figure and drew the Spidey one. Why anyone would want it is a mystery. I doubt mr Adams is very happy this exist.

I doubt Neal knows it exists but i dont know for sure

He hated that the Brazilian publisher added Robin and French publisher messed up the eyes on the Batman 227 editions lol

Pretty much all the foreigns i collect are a mystery

It might be, as I've read pretty well every Spidey book from that era, and have a memory like a steel trap, and I don't recall that one.

The only tug of the memory I got was that (like you mentioned) Pollard or that Frank Miller Annual with Doc Strange and Doom, but that's just probably just a similarity of the inking or the pose.

you know what run #s I could search?

CGC told me if I can locate the Spiderman book they would consider it in noting the married published works (Batman 237) that the Mexican publisher used to "frankenstein" this cover....