• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Show us a comic from the month you were born

128 posts in this topic

i do not have a scanner, but i was born in february of '78 and i have an x-men 109 graded 9.8 either w or ow/w (cannot remember). either way, it is super sweet and fresh as my nephew/niece to be. it is beautiful...really.

Here's a great cover from 2/78... thumbsup2.gif

791_4_256.jpg

October 1947

893whatthe.gifhail.gifdevil.gif

I would need a scan of Showcase # 2 for myself.

And that's just fine by me! makepoint.gif

I guess it would be most appropriate for me to post a scan of a Walt Disney Comic with Daniel Boone on the cover with a coon-skin cap, yes that would set the mood! I was born in 1956 & I couldn't wish for a better time to be born!

acclaim.gif

Acutally, for those of you who don't know, I missed the coon-skin cap period and became aware in time for the space-race period, so Spudnik and the NASA original 7 astronauts is more in my time. What a really exciting time to be a child.

Except for the threat of nuclear war,....but that's a whole 'nother story.

Happy thought: yay.gif

I know if you participate in this that you will be revealing your age, but get over it. Let's see a scan of a comic from the month you were born. If you have several of them, then pick your favorite, or the one that best illustrates the comics of the time.

Here's mine from November 1963:

646421-FF20.jpg

My claim to fame, the month I was born and when this book was published was the month Kennedy was assasinated. frown.gif

October 1968 was definitely a vintage month........ here's a book that came out the month I was born, 5 years earlier..........

30929984076.19.GIF

Not too shabby a month either...... headbang.gif

Cool book (and month). This WOULD have been my month if I was born on time but I came out two weeks late, thus making me an FF #20 baby.