• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Marvel Now Amazing Spider-man # 1

75 posts in this topic

K, wait, whats this about Tony Stark not being a Stark? I'm not reading it, just curious :)

Also, SSM was so bad lately, and I think Slott is just horrid that ASM is going to be on a VERY short least for me. I've collected it as long as I can remember (that and Daredevil) but it's just been so bad for so long now that I am at the end of the rope.

I don't forsee me collecting Spidey next year at this time. Not with Slott on board.

Is SSM bad?

I thought the majority of people who have read it loved it...

I never bought an issue, but was thinking about it because of the outcry when it was announced it was ending.

To be honest, Slott's ASM run had rave reviews too, but I never got into it.

Felt kinda "kiddy" or "cheesy" to me for some reason... I bought them because I wanted a Spidey fix, but they always ended on the bottom of my reading stack. I stopped after #700.

Figure I will buy the first few of the relaunch to see if it grabs me.

K, wait, whats this about Tony Stark not being a Stark? I'm not reading it, just curious :)

Also, SSM was so bad lately, and I think Slott is just horrid that ASM is going to be on a VERY short least for me. I've collected it as long as I can remember (that and Daredevil) but it's just been so bad for so long now that I am at the end of the rope.

I don't forsee me collecting Spidey next year at this time. Not with Slott on board.

Is SSM bad?

I never bought an issue, but was thinking about it because of the outcry when it was announced it was ending.

Felt kinda "kiddy" or "cheesy" to me for some reason... I bought them because I wanted a Spidey fix, but they always ended on the bottom of my reading stack. I stopped after #700.

That's how I felt too. Like some of the stories were kind of "basic" for lack of a better word

Is SSM bad?

SSM started promising enough and had some interesting storylines but things went south pretty fast. Agreed- very basic and kiddish stuff. It didnt grab a hold of me at all, and I just told a buddy yesterday, that it was always at the bottom of my 'to-read' pile each trip to the shop.

Goblin Nation was/is the last arc and it's been an utter mess imo. The latest issue, #30, was a littttleeee better, but.... getting 40% on your math exam instead of 20% still means you suck at math. That's basically how I've felt for much of Slotts spiderman run.

Just wondering if anyone knows how many LCS's are doing variant covers for Amazing #1 relaunch? Also what are the minimum numbers for an order? I assume it is going to be along the lines of what Marvel did for issue 666.

Ill be in for this, and probably the first 6-7 issues. I've been reading Spiderman all my life but I think I'm finally ready to move on. SSM started out really well but now it is very "MEH". Dan Slott's Spidey run has been filled with cool ideas, but the execution hasn't been very enjoyable. Plain and basic are very good descriptors. Also the HORRID art they have had on these runs has killed it. Stegman was a blessing, but this Ramos makes the book LITERALLY difficult to read.

I know, I have often wondered how great the Superior Spiderman series would have been if it was done by a different style artist. It is hard for me to connect with his wacky looking faces and gestures.

Just wondering if anyone knows how many LCS's are doing variant covers for Amazing #1 relaunch? Also what are the minimum numbers for an order? I assume it is going to be along the lines of what Marvel did for issue 666.

I think Larry has said in the past that an LCS needs to order 3000 books of an LCS-specific variant.

What's worse is Slott has bastardized the origin.

"Accidentally absorbing a fantastic amount of radioactivity, the dying insect in sudden shock, bites the nearest living thing, at the split second before life ebbs from it's radioactive body" is no more.

Slott is changing this up and apparently the spider bites a second person as well.

I'm not huge on nerd rage, there's real life issues to worry about. But as a fan of Spider-Man pretty much my entire life this bugs me to the point where I'm dropping the title.

No petitions

No blog posts

Just dropping the title.

It won't affect Marvel in the slightest. I know that. It's just a personal choice.

And I'm not a fan of Slott and his windbag sensationalistic better than everyone else attitude.

Where did you hear this news?

Well, I'm glad I'm not alone with my opinion of Slott.

He seems to have a lot of fans, though.

I'm always amazed by the Slott defenders. HIs run has been very hit or miss. His strongest issues are usually the self contained stories, but his huge arcs have been awful, IMO. Spider Island was a mess. The next big story after that was pretty forgettable too. It also doesn't help the Marvel hypes the stories as the best things ever.

Superior was good, but it eventually felt like kissing your sister or something. IT just didn't feel right.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, Slott would be great if they let him tell smaller scale stories.

What's worse is Slott has bastardized the origin.

"Accidentally absorbing a fantastic amount of radioactivity, the dying insect in sudden shock, bites the nearest living thing, at the split second before life ebbs from it's radioactive body" is no more.

Slott is changing this up and apparently the spider bites a second person as well.

I'm not huge on nerd rage, there's real life issues to worry about. But as a fan of Spider-Man pretty much my entire life this bugs me to the point where I'm dropping the title.

No petitions

No blog posts

Just dropping the title.

It won't affect Marvel in the slightest. I know that. It's just a personal choice.

And I'm not a fan of Slott and his windbag sensationalistic better than everyone else attitude.

Where did you hear this news?

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=51871

look at the interior art preview. hashtag sadface

Well, I'm glad I'm not alone with my opinion of Slott.

He seems to have a lot of fans, though.

I'm always amazed by the Slott defenders. HIs run has been very hit or miss. His strongest issues are usually the self contained stories, but his huge arcs have been awful, IMO. Spider Island was a mess. The next big story after that was pretty forgettable too. It also doesn't help the Marvel hypes the stories as the best things ever.

Superior was good, but it eventually felt like kissing your sister or something. IT just didn't feel right.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, Slott would be great if they let him tell smaller scale stories.

You know, I think you hit the nail on the head here. The shorter the story, the better.