• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Who has a GPA membership who can look up a few books for me? If you can do that.

35 posts in this topic

George's last name starts with P, but I am not about to try and spell it. There are quite a few letters in it.

I assume that's where GP comes from.

George Pantela

If George finds out about this thread, he's gonna freak - cause he's a Pantela's box you do not wanna open.

As a sidenote, I just signed up to GPA for the first time.

Wow. I am in love.

Everyone should be a member.

I fully agree. I've been on GPA for a few years now and, after deducting the modest monthly fee, I've saved several hundreds of dollars in purchases and made informed pricing decisions on sales.

George's last name starts with P, but I am not about to try and spell it. There are quite a few letters in it.

I assume that's where GP comes from.

George Pantela

If George finds out about this thread, he's gonna freak - cause he's a Pantela's box you do not wanna open.

As a sidenote, I just signed up to GPA for the first time.

Wow. I am in love.

Everyone should be a member.

I fully agree. I've been on GPA for a few years now and, after deducting the modest monthly fee, I've saved several hundreds of dollars in purchases and made informed pricing decisions on sales.

+1

Also, I've found it to be helpful for quickly finding books for sale!

General Price Analysis would be my guess ... or George's Price Analysis if you want to take it to a more personal level :grin:

Graded Price Analysis. (shrug)

There's only info on graded books.

I always assumed it was this.

I thought Grade Point Analysis hm

I love GPA :cloud9: it is easy to navigate even on your phone and has a plethora of useful info!! I highly recommend it to any comic enthusiast (thumbs u it is also just fun to peruse...speaking of phones has anyone talked to George about whether or not a GPAnalysis app was in the works...I would pay for it for sure... maybe a one time download fee then your monthly subscription...I would ask him via PM but I don't know his boardie handle :)

I got one for you:

So you are selling slabs on here and a boardie messages you to negotiate on your price/shipping cost. As part of this messaging they ask you what the current GPA price is on your book that you are trying to sell to them. Does anyone approve of this practice? It's almost like they are wanting me to tell them that I do not have my items priced correctly and I should adjust it so I make as little off it as possible.

I got one for you:

So you are selling slabs on here and a boardie messages you to negotiate on your price/shipping cost. As part of this messaging they ask you what the current GPA price is on your book that you are trying to sell to them. Does anyone approve of this practice? It's almost like they are wanting me to tell them that I do not have my items priced correctly and I should adjust it so I make as little off it as possible.

Are they asking what GPA is because they already know the answer and asking is their back-handed way of introducing it into the negotiations?

Or they asking because they don’t know and they want you to provide them with information that you paid for and they didn't so they can then use that information as leverage in negotiating?

Well, assuming the situation is as you presented it....

1st scenario: I agree that's an odd way to negotiate if they have the GPA information. You might politely respond that if they want to make an offer and they want quote GPA/eBay sales/OSPG/etc. that's fine just put your cards on the table.

2nd scenario: Resist the urge to tell them to take a hike. Instead, politely remind them what has been stated here - GPA is a paid service. If they want the benefits they need to pay for it.

I'm assuming the books in question are in fact CGC graded. If not, you might want to remind them GPA is for CGC books only.