• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Green label value?

37 posts in this topic

Lets say you get a book signed that you know is worth $200 CGC 9.8 unsigned. But you get it signed and send it in and it gets a 9.8 green label since the sig was not witnessed. Will it be worth more than a blue label? I know it won't be worth more than a yellow. From what Ive read it almost seems worse to get your book signed if its not witnessed if you're going to get it graded to sell. Thanks in advance.

Lets say you get a book signed that you know is worth $200 CGC 9.8 unsigned. But you get it signed and send it in and it gets a 9.8 green label since the sig was not witnessed. Will it be worth more than a blue label? I know it won't be worth more than a yellow. From what Ive read it almost seems worse to get your book signed if its not witnessed if you're going to get it graded to sell. Thanks in advance.

The green will almost always be worth less than the blue.

Isn't overall "worth" best gauged by what someone is willing to pay for the book regardless of label? (shrug)

Isn't overall "worth" best gauged by what someone is willing to pay for the book regardless of label? (shrug)

It is but unfortunately it looks like people aren't willing to pay a premium on the green label, which I find very odd to say the least, especially when the person supplies photographic evidence.

Always go yellow. Regardless of how you feel.

.......IF you are looking to sell the book.

With the exception of a sketch you did not pay much for like $20 or less from a local artist, i have to agree with Adonis always go yellow. Protect your artwork your buying and get it certified. When to go with a green label hmm maybe such and such artist or writer was dead before before CGC SS came around like Bob Kane or Jack Kirby

If the person who signed it is a HTF signature it could maintain or increase in value (just cause it's signed).

If its a signature that is readily available as a SS Yellow label, then it is worth less, because buyers will put the signed premium on the yellow label slab, not the green label slab.

Examples:

John Byrne (though how you'd get his signature now is anyone's guess)

Alan Moore (though it would be worth less than the yellow version)

umm....

Well...I had a 9.8 that got knocked down to a 9.4

That had to be the smallest sig possible - usually a 9.8 with an unverified cover sig would be knocked all the way down to an 8.0 or so.

I know Mike. It was one of those Stuff of Legends books...remember? The 100 limited editions a while back?

Yeah, they weren't signed, just numbered - hence the small grade drop.

Yeah you're right. For some odd reason I though they were signed by CPWIII..but the numbering does ring a bell.

That's my only experience with something like that. Green/blue

I stay away from anything that isn't yellow..unless it's a blue key

Wow.. That's pretty crazy. Thanks I've gained some valuable info here. I'm surprised there isn't more of an uproar over this. Basically if you have irrefutable proof your book was signed by a creator they won't slab it yellow. I think that's a little crazy. Also if you want to collect sigs on one book you have to SS it at one show crack it open at another show and SS it there if you want more than 1 creator on a book with a yellow label and there at different cons, that can get expensive. I got a few raw sigs at MegaCon and a few slabbed. I got Darwyn Cooke to sign my I Zombie #1 variant but didn't SS it. That's gonna hurt doh!