• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ive lost ALL confidence in CGC - UPDATE on page 221
2 2

2,401 posts in this topic

that was a long time ago, and as I said to another. Make a thread, and I'll be happy to go back and dig it all up. It involves posts, PMs, a mod, another forum, and a bunch of other people.

It has nothing at all to do with what you posted. Which is of course, more untrue things. I did not say what you just tried to imply with those quotes. I never told anyone to meet me anywhere.

You're lying.

I've told women to meet me but they never do.

Now I hate to act as a Kav historian, but didn't you claim in the Water Cooler that you had turned down model caliber women or some nonsense?

I'll hang up and listen…

Yep. In the old days, I was a chick-mag. Now that I'm a old dude, things are very different.

that was a long time ago, and as I said to another. Make a thread, and I'll be happy to go back and dig it all up. It involves posts, PMs, a mod, another forum, and a bunch of other people.

It has nothing at all to do with what you posted. Which is of course, more untrue things. I did not say what you just tried to imply with those quotes. I never told anyone to meet me anywhere.

You're lying.

Now I hate to act as a Kav historian, but didn't you claim in the Water Cooler that you had turned down model caliber women or some nonsense?

I'll hang up and listen…

Yep. In the old days, I was a chick-mag. Now that I'm a old dude, things are very different.

Why does anyone need to know?

You're lying.

I'll hang up and listen…

Why does anyone need to know?

I don't know why he needs to know. Ask him.

I am :popcorn:

Oh yeah.

Why would he???? Everyone always wants to know everything about me....

Oh yeah.

Moving on...

Yeah, I have nothing to contribute to this thread. Even my opinions are opinionated.

Oh yeah.

Moving on...

Yeah, I have nothing to contribute to this thread. Even my opinions are opinionated.

Don't worry I still have lots to contribute.

So had Dan's book come back at say 6.5 with a blue label would we be calling it a mistake or just good fortune? How many books have been resubmitted and gotten higher grades? Do we hear about those? I'm not trying to be smart, I'm being sincere. Do we ever hear about books being re-submitted that come back at a higher grade? And I'm not referring to those that get pressed or dry cleaned.

whether a book is trimmed or not is not subjective, its objective. Only one answer is the right answer.

If Steve Borock says that even the best can not be sure 100% of the time (and I'll take his word over most anyone), then that means it subjective, more than objective, though probably more ambiguous. It kinda sucks. But it is what it is.

Play the obstacles.

Given what has happened, I'll only believe a VERY authoritative resto expert who doesnt work for CGC reviewing it to decide.

Uh... and who would that be?

Speaking of quality over price...I have begun to buy organic food, which is, as those of you who buy it know, much more expensive, generally, than "regular" food.

But...when you consider the poison that we all ingest on a daily basis, especially in the face of genetic modification, and the fact that the "real" price of unfiddled with food is much higher than what we pay, it begins to look like a bargain.

hm

Organic is so confusing. :sorry:

All I know is the organic stuff looks shriveled up and unappetizing and the people walking around the health food store look like zombies....

I'll take a Big Mac every time....

I guess you've never bought from an actual farmer who grows the food. :facepalm:

I will admit I know very little on the subject but would like to know more. It seems mst companies are inclined to disguise their food as organic making it difficult to learn. I will be visiting the farmers street market downtown this year and hopefully connecting with a local farmer.

I still like Big Macs. :)

The real killer at McDonalds is those fries and hash browns.

Oh yeah.

Moving on...

No. Really you dont. Its all been used up in the 100+ posts in this thread

Edited by sd2416

this thread is a debacle.

Spider-Dan, next time you have an update, please do let us know, and put it in a new thread.

Hopefully, given that most everything has already been covered, that one can stay laser-focused on what has occurred, and what changes/improvements need to happen because of it

+1

There are parts of this thread that remind me of political filibusters. lol

Instead of trying to stop a vote from happening, some were trying to make it difficult for people to read about what happened.

Will do - Every time I come back its 80+ new posts with about 10 having merit

hm You're being too kind.

Speaking of quality over price...I have begun to buy organic food, which is, as those of you who buy it know, much more expensive, generally, than "regular" food.

But...when you consider the poison that we all ingest on a daily basis, especially in the face of genetic modification, and the fact that the "real" price of unfiddled with food is much higher than what we pay, it begins to look like a bargain.

hm

All I know is the organic stuff looks shriveled up and unappetizing and the people walking around the health food store look like zombies....

I guess you've never bought from an actual farmer who grows the food. :facepalm:

I will admit I know very little on the subject but would like to know more. It seems mst companies are inclined to disguise their food as organic making it difficult to learn. I will be visiting the farmers street market downtown this year and hopefully connecting with a local farmer.

Forget the 'organic' stuff at the supermarket. Go straight to the source whenever possible. (thumbs u

Oh yeah.

Moving on...

Yes. Really I do. 100+ posts is NOTHING.

hm

The real killer at McDonalds is those fries and hash browns.

It's all garbage.

hm

Forget the 'organic' stuff at the supermarket. Go straight to the source whenever possible. (thumbs u

Gotcha. Yeah I was talking about the nasty supermarket offerings....

Because it's not a "screw up."

It's an opinion, of *this* book, at *this* time, on *this* day.

And yes, you're perfectly right: a 9.6 and 9.8 can often be interchangeable.

There are books that are definitive 9.6 and 9.8.

The problem is that there is no 9.7 grade. I have seen thousands of books that "in my mind" I call a 9.7 and decide if I should give it a 9.6 or 9.8 depending on certain factors, one factor being "Will this book look like a 9.6 or a 9.8 in a holder".

You also can't have a 9.1, 9.3, 9.5 or 9.7 grade in the scale, as it would make it even more difficult to be a consistent grader.

PQ can change depending on the lighting. I had more trouble with PQ at onsite grading than I did sitting at my grading desk in an office.

Luckily there was a 6.5 grade that the JiM # 83 should've maybe ended up at? hm

Not trying to be an arse though, Steve. Just the first thing that popped into my head. :)

Did anyone request grader's notes on the book or has that already been covered?

Who wants to pay for something that should be free?

Two words: bottled water.

Tap water isn't free.

Were I live we have wells. So, we drink our water only once.

Got farms nearby?

Oh yeah.

Moving on...

Yes, yes they were.

:baiting:

Edited by mrmyst

Oh yeah.

Moving on...

Yes, yes they were.

:baiting:

No, no they weren't.

I can do this all day.

captainamerica11.jpg

Ha ha everyone thinks their posts are golden and anything anyone posts they don't like is nonsense garbage....I love this place.