• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Pressing Questions....

29 posts in this topic

I know this subject is taboo around here, and the search button isn't providing me many answers, but can someone tell me the correct way to press a comic? At work we have a Seal Jumbo 160 laminate press so I figured i'd play around with it (on worthless books of course). Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

King of Rulers who is a boardie offers a service where he teaches you to press comics. Below is his website.

http://www.comicpressing.com/learn-to-press.php

Here is a tutorial, I have not read it, so I can't vouch for it. But it may have some useful info.

http://comicpressing.wordpress.com/2013/07/27/pressing-tutorial/

Here is a tutorial, I have not read it, so I can't vouch for it. But it may have some useful info.

In the words of one of my college professors, "it is better to know nothing than to know something wrong." Although I will say the person in the tutorial did have a nice press (Seal 210), that was the only useful information from that tutorial.

In the words of one of my college professors, "it is better to know nothing than to know something wrong." Although I will say the person in the tutorial did have a nice press (Seal 210), that was the only useful information from that tutorial.

This pressing was for 30 minutes @ 175 degrees

No wonder he sent the book to PGX afterwards - holy crispy critter!

The Southeast High Grade Comic Collectors offer videos on comic dry cleaning, humidification and pressing. Details and a trailer are here on the Boards in the Sales Advertising Forum. They may accelerate your learning.

Based on feedback I have received on your videos, I doubt it.

:popcorn:

I watched the dry cleaning video which was somewhat informative but nothing ground shattering. $50 was way to much to pay for the video which is why I haven't purchased the others.

Thanks for this feedback A. Romeo. I'm not sure any of the pressing process info is too earth-shattering once explained and demonstrated. Nonetheless, hope you'll choose to learn more from us in the future.

This pressing was for 30 minutes @ 175 degrees

the page quality had to be like a graham cracker

Went from off White to Cream. Wonder if it smelled burnt. I saw a few books last year in Philly that were burnt. I mean to a crisp. All gloss was gone, the pages were brown and brittle. I tried to fix one for the dealer but it was too far gone.

The Southeast High Grade Comic Collectors offer videos on comic dry cleaning, humidification and pressing. Details and a trailer are here on the Boards in the Sales Advertising Forum. They may accelerate your learning.

I watched the dry cleaning video which was somewhat informative but nothing ground shattering. $50 was way to much to pay for the video which is why I haven't purchased the others.

You paid $50 to watch a movie? :(

You paid $50 to watch a movie? :(

yea the more I think about it the more upset I get that I paid $50 for what I got. Definitely won't be doing that again

Hi Anthony,

Sorry you are disappointed, we certainly appreciated your support. You seemed to compliment the video you purchased, this feedback appears to differ with what I thought you shared with me.