• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1980s Films

37 posts in this topic

Well they've already done He-Man, and it was a big failure.

Have you seen that movie? During most of the movie it took place on 1980's Earth with the future Tom Paris from Star Trek Voyager. :facepalm:

..and Courtenay Cox, with Dolph Lundgren as He-Man.

What movies do you think should be made using 1980s characters? Thundercats, Voltron, Maters of the Universe, Battle of the Planets, etc…

hm I could see an alternative genre with that title!

Jeeze, would it help if I said Ron Jeremy had the lead?

Food Fighters

I want to see a Pizza fight a Donut.

Pat

lol Gosh me and my buddies loved those :cloud9: we also loved the Dino-Riders!! I can see it now with Jurassic Park type budget this could be sweeeeet!! Probably lame as live action but I would still see it for nostalgia purposes alone...probably wouldnt even have previews just a commercial for TYCO toys haha!!

13601850144_4f1c4e89ac_o.jpg

Funny thing: My daughter is in the fifth grade. Last year when she was in the fourth grade she would tell me stories about the kids in her classes and one name just kept ringing in my head. So, when the yearbook came out I took a look and sure enough... someone had named their son "Voltron".

Funny thing: My daughter is in the fifth grade. Last year when she was in the fourth grade she would tell me stories about the kids in her classes and one name just kept ringing in my head. So, when the yearbook came out I took a look and sure enough... someone had named their son "Voltron".

:o kinda awesome really lol

I have to agree with all the Robotech talk... it would be the awesome! :cloud9: Update the fighters, figure out a cool new look for the Zentradi, with modern special effects and all. I do wonder though how they would get past the lack of aerodynamics in space thing? It was the one glaring flaw that even as a kid I could never quite forgive. The idea that planes would fly similarly in zero-g. A large space battle would look more like a 3d pool table with the wrack breaking than what was shone. We all know that now, even the kids flunking 7th grade science class.

Maybe a creative use of proto-culture that makes vehicles in space react how they would in an atmosphere? (shrug)