• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Cloak and Dagger

50 posts in this topic

As a kid/ early teen i really liked the characters, their origins and specially the relation between them...

Cloak also appeared if i'm not mistaken on the infinity gauntlet mini, trying to battle thanos... am i right?

i still think they have some nice potential as characters, if the writer is talented/ interested in them.

regards

As a kid/ early teen i really liked the characters, their origins and specially the relation between them...

Cloak also appeared if i'm not mistaken on the infinity gauntlet mini, trying to battle thanos... am i right?

i still think they have some nice potential as characters, if the writer is talented/ interested in them.

regards

Yes. Cloak tries to put Thanos in his cloak but just gets incinerated. lol.

I picked up the mini series a few weeks ago and read it. I was pleasantly surprised with the series and really enjoyed it. I had the Peter Parker issues as a kid, but never read the mini series. I'll have to track down some of their other early appearances now.

I think the Cloak and Dagger miniseries is going to be redhot in the future, and all major key books.

P.S. I have about 15 sets of the Cloak and Dagger miniseries.

Disclaimer noted . . . :grin: I think the Spidey apps are waaaaaaaay hotter. :sumo:

I always found them visually amazing, but their stories bland

Agreed. My biggest problem with these characters is the mud they were drug through over the years about being mutants and then not mutants. Also, the origin for Cloak & Dagger was messed up with the who D'Sparye angle.

The abuse these characters received reminds me quite a bit of the abuse Puck from Alpha Flight received. Only time will tell if these characters can outlive the poor stories and grow beyond it. Most characters don't (Firestorm, Puck, etc.)

Agreed. My biggest problem with these characters is the mud they were drug through over the years about being mutants and then not mutants. Also, the origin for Cloak & Dagger was messed up with the who D'Sparye angle.

The abuse these characters received reminds me quite a bit of the abuse Puck from Alpha Flight received. Only time will tell if these characters can outlive the poor stories and grow beyond it. Most characters don't (Firestorm, Puck, etc.)

They made Cloak and Dagger mutants? Ugh, the biggest part of their origin was the experimental drugs forced on them. I haven't read them since the 80's except for a brief appearance in The Runaways series but making them mutants sounds awful.

I remember seeing Puck in an Alpha Flight mini-series a couple years ago had he was acting bat mess crazy. Is that the poor treatment you're talking about? He didn't act anything like the Byrne era and Marrina was super-edgy for some reason as well.

They made Cloak and Dagger mutants? Ugh, the biggest part of their origin was the experimental drugs forced on them. I haven't read them since the 80's except for a brief appearance in The Runaways series but making them mutants sounds awful.

I remember seeing Puck in an Alpha Flight mini-series a couple years ago had he was acting bat mess crazy. Is that the poor treatment you're talking about? He didn't act anything like the Byrne era and Marrina was super-edgy for some reason as well.

The Puck abuse I was thinking of is when his origin was finally told, it was revealed he is a normal sized man who was made into a dwarf because he has a demon trapped in his body or some such nonsense. What was wrong with Puck is a dwarf with acrobatic abilities?

I don't understand why writers have to keep going back to a character's origin over and over tacking on until the character is ruined. This is what happened to Cloak & Dagger. Marvel seems intent on breaking Spider-Man as well, going back to his origin over and over. Totems, more people bitten by the spider, etc. Write new stories about the character; don't keep retreading past stories over and over until there is no credibility left to them.

The Puck abuse I was thinking of is when his origin was finally told, it was revealed he is a normal sized man who was made into a dwarf because he has a demon trapped in his body or some such nonsense. What was wrong with Puck is a dwarf with acrobatic abilities?

I don't understand why writers have to keep going back to a character's origin over and over tacking on until the character is ruined. This is what happened to Cloak & Dagger. Marvel seems intent on breaking Spider-Man as well, going back to his origin over and over. Totems, more people bitten by the spider, etc. Write new stories about the character; don't keep retreading past stories over and over until there is no credibility left to them.

Oh, that's horrible for Puck. Making his size be some "curse" put on him. That's really unfortunate. I agree with you, way cooler with Puck just being a dwarf with acrobatic abilities.