• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Captain America #14 Which Edition ??

5 posts in this topic

Which edition of the three different Captain America #14's would be the one to get for future price appreciation ? If any ?

The Newsstand edition

The Direct Edition

The issue released by Hasbro that you received when you bought the character toy ?

It seems the Hasbro edition would probably be the rarest of the three, but is it considered a re-print ?

The newsstand and direct will be worth about the same. However, to some, the newsstand version may be slightly more valuable in high grade (CGC 9.8+).

I'm not even aware of the Hasbro version, but it would likely be considered a reprint and, unless it is extremely rare, then it will be worth less than the first prints.

Also, Captain America 6 is the first full appearance of the Winter Soldier and should, in my opinion, be worth more than issue 14.

14 has been valuable since its release. 6 being valuable is new development in the lead up to the movie.

14 is the traditional

1st Bucky AS Winter Soldier

CGC labeling, and lots of new interest from people with little prior knowledge of the character and how it unfolded, are whats driving it up.

14 is rarer, and the traditional key book. 6 and its alternate cover (1:1 is it not) will likely continue to hold its value strongly and likely retain its position as more valuable, due to its labeling in the CGC slab.

However, i dont think it "should" be, but it will be. I dont see either book falling in the foreseeable future. If anything, the non-bucky cover 6s are likely the best value for money, as since the run up in 6 is so recent, and in the process of finding its "value", the cap covers havent caught up.