• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Buy, Wait, or move along........

32 posts in this topic

I would add Amazing Spiderman 300 if you want a book that you can still get relativley cheap and has enormous potential. Popular , movie coming out in a few years. Could be the hulk 181 of its time frame one day.

Actually on my radar, along with the New Mutants 98.

I was also thinking since I have several Fantastic Four's, that I could go through the series and buy a few FF's with first appearances (The Inhumans come to mind). That way it would already be a series I enjoy collecting.

As a Fantastic Four fan, do you have a 5? Start with that. Then a 4. Then a 12, maybe 25 and 26. All of those are benchmarks in an FF collection. If you just want what everyone else wants, start with the Strange Tales 110, it's always been a tough book. The others are not that hard to find, you can wait.

I'm currently speculating on mini series that might make good movies like the 4 issue Avengers Morgan Conquest.

I would avoid all of these for long term investments. I suspect that interest in them is more likely to go down after the movie hype dies than up.

If you're thinking long term, I would look for important books that are a little cooler than normal right now, not the hottest movie hype books.

Or even better yet, collect something that you personally think is really cool and would enjoy owning. :D

My thinking exactly.Always look for books that aren't on the radar or movie hyped.

I would avoid all of these for long term investments. I suspect that interest in them is more likely to go down after the movie hype dies than up.

If you're thinking long term, I would look for important books that are a little cooler than normal right now, not the hottest movie hype books.

Or even better yet, collect something that you personally think is really cool and would enjoy owning. :D

My thinking exactly.Always look for books that aren't on the radar or movie hyped.

Any Suggestions ??

Here are a few I was thinking about picking up............

Avengers 55 (First Ultron)

IronMan 55 (First Thanos)

Avengers 57 (First Vision)

Strange Tales 110 (First Dr. Strange)

Etc................

Bought all of these years ago because they were parts of my sets. In before the movie hype even existed. :cloud9:

Any Suggestions ??

Sure there are plenty,but I don't want to tell people what I'm buying.Then I would suddenly have to pay more. (shrug) I have my personal list of books I go for. :whistle:

Any Suggestions ??

Sure there are plenty,but I don't want to tell people what I'm buying.Then I would suddenly have to pay more. (shrug) I have my personal list of books I go for. :whistle:

I just saw you listed something I said in your sig line. I wonder if Harvey ever located them. lol

Any Suggestions ??

I just saw you listed something I said in your sig line. I wonder if Harvey ever located them. lol

lol probably not.