• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

An affordable Strange Mysteries #4

6 posts in this topic

I'll offer this up one more time for boardies, then off to ebay if necessary.

First unconditional :takeit: in the thread takes precedence over a PM, which takes precedence over sheer apathy! I’ll accept Paypal or a personal check. The book will be shipped (to U.S. addresses) for $4.00 by USPS regular mail. Canadian addresses I'll ship at cost.

Nobody on probation or in the HOS, please.

And if you have any questions or want additional scans, just let me know, of course.

My modest resume: I’ve been a member of the boards for many years, but don’t post much or sell much. I’ve recently bought from Red84 and Larryw7 here on the boards, for what that’s worth, and I have a lengthy history on ebay as a comic seller with 100% feedback, as “ivrimark17v6”.

Okay, then:

Strange Mysteries No. 4 (May 1952), from Superior Comics. $45.00

I grade this as a Good Plus. It presents much better because its two main flaws are not apparent on the cover: a detached centerfold and a piece missing from the back cover with a long tear. That’s been noted in the photo, and I’ve added a number of other photos.

I'd like to think the cover edge has NOT been trimmed, because I've noticed that Superior Comics have more than their share of mis-cuts and mis-wraps; and close examination of the edges of the pages just don't look like they've been trimmed. But whaddoo I know?

Check out the photos, and thanks for looking!

sma_zps5b10ad44.jpeg

smb_zpsd55b9497.jpeg

smc_zps65969fd8.jpg

smd_zps33eb1135.jpg

sme_zps3f2c2539.jpg

smg_zps4e8f39fe.jpg

smf_zpsb62271c3.jpg