• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CGC submitters - a question for you

61 posts in this topic

Does anyone who submits to the CGC ever not peek at the grades when the invoice is marked "Shipped?"

I am on my third-ever sub, and the first one I didn't have my own account so I couldn't check the grades, if they even did that then (my 1st sub was back in 2006.) Last year was my 2nd-ever sub, and I said I wasn't looking but caved within an hour of the invoice being marked "Shipped."

Today, my latest sub was marked "Shipped," and I have yet to peek in. I look at it as wanting to be pleasantly surprised when the box shows up.

Any comments? Any at all are welcome. Think I am a dummy for waiting? Tell me! (I already know most of you think I am dummy anyway, so lets keep it related to this thread, OK? ;) )

I hope I can hold out...

:grin:

-slym

Just sent in my 4th submission, and I will look every day until I see the grades! However, last time they were delivered to my work before I saw them online, as I have them sent UPS overnight, so it was a surprise I guess!

If ya look, you'll jinx it. Heisenberg, man. If ya don't look it's 9.8 all across the board.

Despite Dice not believing me, I don't look. lol

It's like Christmas! :ohnoez:

That's exactly how I am looking at it - someone posted a list online of what they are getting me, and I am refusing to look so I can be surprised when I open up the box! Besides, I am not expecting anything out of the ordinary, my "new moderns" are gonna be 9.8s ( :wishluck: :lol: ) and my older moderns, well, I am not expecting 9.8s anyway.

;)

-slym

Despite Dice not believing me, I don't look. lol

It's like Christmas! :ohnoez:

That's exactly how I am looking at it - someone posted a list online of what they are getting me, and I am refusing to look so I can be surprised when I open up the box! Besides, I am not expecting anything out of the ordinary, my "new moderns" are gonna be 9.8s ( :wishluck: :lol: ) and my older moderns, well, I am not expecting 9.8s anyway.

;)

-slym

Too bad my first submission was like Christmas from the Salvation Army :tonofbricks:

D'aww... I had a great surprise when I opened up my first ever box back from CGC. 5 books, I predicted 4 would be 9.8, and one would be 9.6.

I was 100% on my guesses.

:whee:

The second sub, the only surprise was a 6.0 UXM that I thought was an 8.5-9.0, but I totally missed a small stain on the back cover before sending it in.

This time... hopefully, my record will hold up!

:)

-slym