• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Detective 40 CGC 5.0

33 posts in this topic

I actually got the book and--yes, it didn't come up in mine either due to bronze listing--I just happened to be scrolling through detective comics general, auctions ending soonest and came upon it with about an hour left on the auction; one bid & my jaw dropped.

Sorry to snipe you KillerCrocPot, but it's a grail I've been chasing--actively hunting--and you just don't see clean, unrestored copies (much less many at all)... It's a super nice book, but thanks for reverse snipping me and driving my bid up! I have to say it made my month and I'd buy it again at that price.

Good luck, genuinely, with finding your copy.

I actually got the book and--yes, it didn't come up in mine either due to bronze listing--I just happened to be scrolling through detective comics general, auctions ending soonest and came upon it with about an hour left on the auction; one bid & my jaw dropped.

Sorry to snipe you KillerCrocPot, but it's a grail I've been chasing--actively hunting--and you just don't see clean, unrestored copies (much less many at all)... It's a super nice book, but thanks for reverse snipping me and driving my bid up! I have to say it made my month and I'd buy it again at that price.

Congrats on a great book. :applause:

Why in the hell do ebay sellers do that ? I hate it when I see modern drek in a Golden Age search :censored:

Mile High Comics has started doing this. They've listed hundreds of Modern drek as GA on Ebay.

Just filter out "Comics Book" ;)

(thumbs u

That does drive me crazy. You'd think after 40 years in the business they could get something that simple right in their listings

hahaha Midas, no problem. I woke up at 5 in the morning for the auction (my time).... I had been watching it for the past week. I saw no other watchers and thought I was going to get away with a $1,525 murder. Fair game is fair game and I'm grateful that you got the book. I pushed the book up about 400 dollars more than I really wanted to pay just in case, and the person who wanted it more got it. Your book is going to skyrocket over time... especially since it is so rare and significant. I may be a little jealous (well maybe more than a little;) ), but I'm very happy for you and no hard feelings! I got the Batman 66 instead and still have my own personal grail...

146542.jpg.db1d219216a6b72d251c930128ee1877.jpg

146543.jpg.1c97875180efb6a881ec971762142bb3.jpg

Congrats on a great book! You got a great deal too! Its the first Joker cover and therefore for Joker cover collectors, a must book to have! EJR