• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM Uncanny X-Men 142...printer defect???

12 posts in this topic

Hey guys! :hi:

I just received this book, and I cant tell If it's been bleached by the sun, or If it is a printing defect, but If you look at Storm's legs, Nightcrawler, Colossus, and parts of the sentinel, you'll see that it looks washed out/faded. How would CGC take this into consideration?

Thanks for your help!!!

xmen142front_zpsf47636cb.jpegxmen142back_zps53632f28.jpeg

Printer defect I think. One of the ink plates must of ran low on color in those areas. And those are roller marks on the back. Someone else with better info will come along

Printer defect I think. One of the ink plates must of ran low on color in those areas. And those are roller marks on the back. Someone else with better info will come along

Thanks!

Im leaning towards printer defect myself. Do you know how CGC approaches them?

Thanks!

Im leaning towards printer defect myself. Do you know how CGC approaches them?

I really dont know. I think in the restoration area they got info on printing defects and how it alligns with the grade.

Could be faded... I say that because the colors on the back cover do not appear to be affected. They print the front and back covers at the same time, so a printing defect like this on the front cover would also show on the back cover...