• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Never-ending Debate! Marvel vs Dc!

80 posts in this topic

And if you're in the group that thinks Batman movies are worse than GL they're a nothing, a non-entity.

Batman Begins is one of my all time favorite comic book movies. As are the Michael Keaton Batman's.

TDK is only watchable to me because of Heath Ledger's Joker performance. I'm only interested in the scenes he is in.

TDKR --- I put this down there with SM3 and IM3. I would rather watch Green Lantern and DD Director's Cut over TDKR, SM3, and IM3.

Has Marvel ever even created a character that wasn't a blatant ripoff of an existing character?

Ever?

If this were even true... Why would I care? I like what I like. If someone took someone else's idea and made a way better product that I enjoy immensely........ Why the hell would I care? It's about me enjoying something. We like what we like. :)

Has Marvel ever even created a character that wasn't a blatant ripoff of an existing character?

Ever?

If this were even true... Why would I care? I like what I like. If someone took someone else's idea and made a way better product that I enjoy immensely........ Why the hell would I care? It's about me enjoying something. We like what we like. :)

Every character is a ripoff of some other character. Superman is a ripoff of Hercules. Batman is a ripoff of the shadow. Flash is a ripoff of Hermes. Wonder Woman is a ripoff of Athena. Green lantern is a ripoff of Solomon. Red Tornado is a ripoff of the Go-lem. Green Arrow is a ripoff of Robin Hood. Snapper Carr is a ripoff of James Dean.

Interesting question. For me, DC highs have been higher... but their lows have also been lower too.

For me, Nolan's trilogy and Man of Steel are leaps and bounds above anything Marvel has done (nothing against the MCU films though).

But Green Lantern (and Batman & Robin) were far worse than anything Marvel has put out.

So my opinion is that while Marvel currently has a larger, more consistently decent body of cinematic work, that if DC can keep turning out films like Man of Steel they will ultimately reign supreme.

Man of Steel was a tale told by an insufficiently_thoughtful_person, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.

Yeah he let his dad die. Yeah that's what heroes do. Right. Everyone already saw him lift a bus but he couldn't sneak away to save his dad.

If you can't save your own dad, why bother saving anyone?

Stupid.

I found both TDKR and MOS more enjoyable than the Avengers.

Lotta people liked Porky's

Oh Lordy, we're talking about comix, not masterpieces of literature, and then we're talking about the interpretation of comix by smarm-masters and butt bandits in hollyweird. Say it ain't so Joe.

Lotta people liked Porky's

Do tell.

There really isn't a comparison.

If you categorise comic book movies into two groups...decent to great and disappointing to poor...Marvel is running at around a 75/25 ratio in favour of decent movies.

DC is hard pressed to even manage a 50/50 split. :facepalm:

If you also consider that DC had a 20 year head-start, have been owned by Warner Bros since 1969 and have a universally known stable of characters, it really a disgrace that they have been so poor.

First off, your signature picks made this thread worth reading through.

Second, both companies have pros and cons. Both need new ideas. Both need more powergirl and overall topless female heroes/villains.

The end.

I'm a DC guy but I would have to give the bow to Marvel, right now. Say what you will about their films, whether positive or negative, one thing that can't be disputed is that they have had a unified and linear plan since Iron Man 1 and they have executed it almost flawlessly. While other studios are now running around trying to implement and create something similar to Marvel's cinematic universe overnight, Marvel has built this thing from the ground up piece by piece and I'm simp ly in awe of their planning and strategy.

^this! except the part about being a DC guy - can't go there with a name like mar-vell!

Where DC is thinking of the next gag or overdramatic scene Marvel is thinking 20 moves ahead.

What rubs my rhubarb is that a thread entitled "Marvel or Dc? Who is the King of Kings!" is about freaking MOVIES.

Seriously? And people wonder why actual comic book sales are on the decline and try to encourage actual READERS???