• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

STAR WARS #42

85 posts in this topic

Is STAR WARS #42 considered a Key Issue? I picked up a few at an

auction years back and just wondered if it was of interest to collectors.

13875919934_f13d8aa449.jpg

mm

I prefer Marvel Super Special 16.

That or Marvel Special Edition 2: The Empire Strikes Back.

But, for the true first appearance of Boba Fett in comics, you need The Marvel Comics Illustrated Version of Empire Strikes Back (paperback.) This version of the comic has the incorrectly drawn Yoda.

All 3 of these comics were published before Star Wars 42.

With that said, Star Wars 42 is where the money seems to be flowing.

We should sticky this information on these boards. This information comes up every couple of months now as a response to inquiries about Star Wars 42.

42 and 68 seem to be hot issues with Bobba Fett. Not gonna lie...been picking up a few 42s' myself.

68 isn't even a Boba Fett story. He is shown in one or two panels in flashback. The Mandalorian in the story is a character named Fenn Shysa. Interestingly, this story has been pretty much been de-canonized by the Clone Wars TV series.

:gossip: The most significant Boba Fett story in the Marvel run is Star Wars 81.

With almost 200 already graded, it appears there are enough issues of #42

to fill any demand...I'll just pack mine away for the future.

mm

Obviously, since it's a) the first COMIC BOOK appearance of Boba Fett and b) with CGC this now a cover-based hobby and c) no one reads comics anymore.

On an aside, I got a "Comic Collector's Kit" sometime in the mid-80''s as a present, which had a mini-OS guide, an comic's investment publication, a comic book, bags, and a pile of NM remainder comics.

I put them away and forgot about them, but over the years, some of them are looking pretty good, like DC Comics Presents 26, Star Wars 42, and even some 20-cent DCs. There were quite a few of those DC comics with the previews in them - I wonder if any others are worth anything? I think there was a He-Man one, right?

42 and 68 seem to be hot issues with Bobba Fett. Not gonna lie...been picking up a few 42s' myself.

68 isn't even a Boba Fett story. He is shown in one or two panels in flashback. The Mandalorian in the story is a character named Fenn Shysa. Interestingly, this story has been pretty much been de-canonized by the Clone Wars TV series.

:gossip: The most significant Boba Fett story in the Marvel run is Star Wars 81.

I was flipping through the one copy of 81 that I own and I realized it was a pretty cool Fett story.

I was flipping through the one copy of 81 that I own and I realized it was a pretty cool Fett story.

And it's a gorgeous cover.

Is STAR WARS #42 considered a Key Issue? I picked up a few at an

auction years back and just wondered if it was of interest to collectors.

13875919934_f13d8aa449.jpg

mm

Boba Fett always looked like he needed to spend a couple weeks at the gym on that cover.

He really let himself go. ;)

Obviously, since it's a) the first COMIC BOOK appearance of Boba Fett and b) with CGC this now a cover-based hobby and c) no one reads comics anymore.

On an aside, I got a "Comic Collector's Kit" sometime in the mid-80''s as a present, which had a mini-OS guide, an comic's investment publication, a comic book, bags, and a pile of NM remainder comics.

I put them away and forgot about them, but over the years, some of them are looking pretty good, like DC Comics Presents 26, Star Wars 42, and even some 20-cent DCs. There were quite a few of those DC comics with the previews in them - I wonder if any others are worth anything? I think there was a He-Man one, right?

covers :preach:

It's Masters if the Universe. They printed the preview in something like 13 issues.

covers :preach:

It's Masters if the Universe. They printed the preview in something like 13 issues.

7vz2.jpg

/\/\/\/\/\

Yes, it was actually 15 issues that had it:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DC_Comics_insert_previews

Thanks for that link and I got JLA 193 (All-Star Squadron) and NTT 16 (Captain Carrot), thought I still can't figure out which Masters of the Universe issue I have. I know I got Captain Carrot 8, but not 9. hm