• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Books selling far above or far below OSPG

26 posts in this topic

Good dealers use a multitude of pricing information to provide a fair, but profitable margin on any book they are buying/selling (they are running a business after all).

Greasy grimy gofer guts dealers use a multitude of pricing information to pick the most unreasonable (but available) pricing possible on any book they are buying/selling (ranges from cents to hundred or thousands under/over fair market value). They pick the lowest price possible to buy (plus give the whole "I need to make a buck" spiel) and similar logic on finding the highest price possible to sell (plus a little extra because it is "so rare" or "prices are climbing like crazy").

Really world, gofers out weight the good 10 to 1.

Moral of the story, you shouldn't just use one source of data to price anything and don't trust anyone you don't already know.

^This I see this so much all the time

OSPG is seriously off when it comes to prices of Books Like The Walking Dead #1,WWBN #32,Batman New 52 #1,etc.There thing(OSPG) seems to be because its a modern book the prices they have listed for it is what the books worth will be after the hype on the book is over,at least that's what it seems like

I haven't seen an OSPG in a while, but I can't imagine it is anywhere near correct on Startling 49, the classic pre-code horror covers, Batman 227 and 251 or any other books that have exploded in the post-cgc world.

OSPG is seriously off when it comes to prices of Books Like The Walking Dead #1,WWBN #32,Batman New 52 #1,etc.There thing(OSPG) seems to be because its a modern book the prices they have listed for it is what the books worth will be after the hype on the book is over,at least that's what it seems like

I think part of this is that Overstreet always seemed to want to show an upward trend in comic books. So they avoided some steep run-ups so they didn't have to show them losing value later when the bloom was off the rose.