• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Acclaim (Valiant heroes) books hold any value?

7 posts in this topic

And by value I mean to say, are they worth more than just tossing in the trash? I know there's been a ton of Valiant collecting going on lately, and I'm not sure if that extends to the Acclaim stuff or not. Full runs of the books sell for $5 or more? Last issues maybe worth something?

When the dust settles from Acclaims bankruptcy,I wouldn't be surprised if the titles end up in the control of one of the biggest names in the biz. Well,if he's no longer one of the biggest,at leasthe's still one of the tallest.

Magnus,Turok and the older heroes rights has reverted to their former publishers but titles like Harbinger,Eternal Warrior,Rai and Archer and Armstong might be published rgularly in the not to distant future.

Might be an oppurtunity for a shrewd back-issue player.

This one might help, too:

http://www.valiantcomics.com/valiant/acclaimguide.asp

thumbsup2.gif

The only Acclaim books listed are those "related" to the Valiant universe.

("Related" generally means they have the same title, but not much else is the same.)

Acclaim also reprinted a bunch of Classics Illustrated,

and printed other books like Sliders, The Grackle, Bad Eggs, and even Waterworld! confused-smiley-013.gifgrin.gif