• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Does anyone buy comic book scripts ??

14 posts in this topic

I guess I'm asking cuz I've never heard about what must be a small slice of comic-dom who collect or like to read..... original -script copy's....of the writers work....

Anyone got any stories to tell ?

Not that I know of. Wouldn't really want one myself. Unless maybe from Watchmen.

I guess I'm asking cuz I've never heard about what must be a small slice of comic-dom who collect or like to read..... original -script copy's....of the writers work....

Anyone got any stories to tell ?

Aren't marvel method scripts only going to be one or two pages?

I don't actively look for them, but I think it would certainly be pretty cool to have one (or more). I'd like to have an Alan Moore -script or a Gaiman Sandman. I've never seen one for sale. I've seen partials reprinted in deluxe books or trades. I don't think I'd ever own one though as I imagine something like that (if available) would probably be more than I'd be willing to pay.

They are out there. Type "Alan Moore -script" or "-script" into CAF.

For the record I would love to have a -script from any of the comics I love, especially from the typewriter era... Or at least with notes and edits on it.

This one would be nice.

FF-PLOT1.jpg

Is this real or a recreation of what the plot might have looked like if it were done full -script?

If this is real, I can see how Stan got so many books out each month.

The interesting part to me would be the writers words filtered through the artists pencils and then seeing what the final artwork looks like.

Aren't marvel method scripts only going to be one or two pages?

Later Stan Lee scripts aren't even that long, just a note to Jack and Steve to 'draw something interesting, like maybe with baboons or gorillas in it!"

They are out there. Type "Alan Moore -script" or "-script" into CAF.

For the record I would love to have a -script from any of the comics I love, especially from the typewriter era... Or at least with notes and edits on it.

Sorry, repeating this from the Miracleman thread from a good while back but this is from Alan Moore's typewriter, complete with a mini staple holding it together (he could not afford a big stapler back then :D ):-

BlueMurder.jpg

Warrior_Issue_08_Page_04.jpg

For sale at the right

!

Each manuscript was typed out with one carbon copy; usually the top copy went to the artist and the publisher (Quality in this case) received the carbon. I have two Marvelman scripts (from Warrior anthology so each is about a third of an Eclipse comic) and three from Alan's BoJefferies Saga. They are a mixture of carbon and original typed top copy - all are great to own as they show Alan's guidance for the artwork and panel construction so are a great insight into his thoughts and also the process of putting a comic book together.