• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Comic shops in Arizona

23 posts in this topic

Howard over at Greg's Comics has been a friend of mine for years. He'll take good care of you if you go see him. (thumbs u

I thought this thread was about me! :makepoint:

:jokealert:

I visited Drawn to Comics last week while I was there. Fun shop, but if you're looking for back issues from BA or earlier, they've got them all behind the counter in the glass cases. You have to ask for ones you're looking for, then the counter person has to open up the case, pull the box out, flip through the boxes and find your book. I've not been to a shop like this and it seems like that is a real pain in the for customer and employee both.

Most shops that are concerned about $10-$40 books being damaged by handling usually keep them on or at the front counter. (Is there some reason comic shops have stopped using Snap Happys? Gone are the days of "wall books", I suppose) That makes it much easier for customers to flip through them without taking the counter person away from helping other customers.

I showed up on a Wednesday (that was a mistake), and after giving the counter guy my book requests he decided to check out customers with pull orders instead. After about 10 minutes of standing there waiting for the guy to finish realizing that I was about as far down the customer priority list as I was going to get, I just left my other books I was going to buy and walked out. I wasn't mad, just disappointed. Totally realistic situation, though. Selling new books is what keeps the doors open, so I get it. Just bummed that I couldn't go through the older back issues.

Was a great place to pick moderns, though.