• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Boy 1 - New IDW book - Co-created by my brother

10 posts in this topic

This Fall from IDW, comes Boy 1.

The concept - In April 2003, The Human Genome Project completed a map of the entire human genome. A blueprint for creating a Human Being. In the aftermath of this milestone, The United Nations passed the Declaration on Human Cloning, by which Member States are called on to adopt all measures necessary to prohibit any form of human cloning as it is incompatible with human dignity and the general protection of human life. Not everyone listened.

The writer and creator of Boy 1 is my good friend Himkar Tak. I am also very proud that my brother, Jeremy Entin, is the co-creator and associate producer on the book. Jeremy is also a member of these Boards under the name wtbvcjmoctt.

The artist is Danijel Zezelj, whose comics and illustrations have been published by DC Comics/Vertigo, Marvel Comics, The New York Times Book Review, Harper's Magazine, San Francisco Guardian, Editori del Grifo, Edizioni Charta and others.

30 copies of the book were printed to give to various publishers, and Himkar and Jeremy recently worked out a final deal with IDW. I am very proud to add this grail to my collection. One of the original 30, graded 9.8, and signed (with a signature series label) by Himkar Tak and my brother, Jeremy Entin.

B594CCCA-87FF-49D6-AF0B-D9E0589437AF_zpswt3fnwlq.jpg

F42242FB-6191-4D49-97CC-538EC97C5160_zpsb321b462.jpg

Nice post Josh. I'm honored you consider this a grail in your collection, especially considering the amazing books you have in it. I better not see this go up on the auction site!

Thanks for the feedback everyone, I'm sure board rules likely prohibit promotion, so if anyone wants more info feel free to PM me. We are very excited to have this on shelves this fall.

Here is one of my favorite interiors from Danijel before it was colored in.

apes.jpg