• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hot Tub Time Machine

42 posts in this topic

Suppose you could go back to any point in comic book production history and make one change or do one thing, what would you do?

Parameters: You cannot affect stories as written (e.g., you can't un-kill Gwen, you can't add or subtract characters or events that have already occurred within the story itself). You can say, "pick up a copy of AF 15 and bring it back"

I suppose I'd visit the editor's office at DC in the late summer of '39 and take the junky OA from the covers to Action 1-13 and Tec 27-31. They would just toss them out anyway.

Heck, I'd even give them $5 for the lot.

I suppose I'd visit the editor's office at DC in the late summer of '39 and take the junky OA from the covers to Action 1-13 and Tec 27-31. They would just toss them out anyway.

Get in line, I already offered them $5 :P

Go to NYC, but an AF15 for cheap and figure out some way to get Stan Lee, Jack Kirby and Steve Ditko to sign the cover for me at the Marvel offices.

I have $5 in 1938 Silver Dollars...you handed them a 1995 $5 bill and wound up in Federal prison.

That's easy. Show up at Edgars House the day before Chuckles.

That would be perfect. All you'd have to do is beat the 10 cents a book he paid.

I have $5 in 1938 Silver Dollars...you handed them a 1995 $5 bill and wound up in Federal prison.

If you had $5 in 1938 silver dollars, you'd be bunkmates at the prison.

With the knowledge I have now, I would meet up with relatives two generations before me, steal the artistic property of Bob Kane and Siegal and Schuster and pitch the idea of Batman and Superman myself. I would leave my relatives in charge and have them SLOWLY negotiate better deals throughout the years so I could enjoy batman and superman money.