• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

My first ever top census of a VERY rare book!

18 posts in this topic

Yeah, I know, I could have put this in Silver or Have A Cigar but I'm pretty dang excited so I'm just putting it here.

Thanks to CGC for making HUGE headway recently with their turnaround times as I was not expecting this book for another month or so. They also delivered my latest Modern submission in less than a month and a half thumbsup2.gif .

So anyway, I had heard talk of this book in several threads months ago where some were stating this could be one of the rarest books coming out of the late Silver age. Something to do with it being a Giant-size prototype or something. I was lucky to find this book at a decent price at the last San Diego con. Only two other copies in the census, both at 6.5, so I am quite excited about this. ---Sid

651181-YL69.jpg

651181-YL69.jpg.1544189fde5c906088b34b892e56a05e.jpg

Nice!

Was this sent econ or standard? When? I'm waiting...ever waiting...longing for my books to return...waiting... 893blahblah.gif

It was sent Economy back in early/mid August, but they just updated the census today putting both Economy and Moderns waaay up. As of yesterday this shipment wasn't scheduled to leave CGC's office for another three weeks, so I was surprised to see it today.

Nice book! That cover is awesome and halarious, I might have to pick up a few from that run.....right after Night Nurse! thumbsup2.gif

sign-offtopic.gif Fire, how many more parts to your Sig-Line? And how long do you think it will last?( not that I am offened )

Nice book! That cover is awesome and halarious, I might have to pick up a few from that run.....right after Night Nurse! thumbsup2.gif

sign-offtopic.gif Fire, how many more parts to your Sig-Line? And how long do you think it will last?( not that I am offened )

How many more parts? It's from a 2 page spread in Goon issue 9. I doubt it will last long, I guess it is somewhat edgy. I will change it back to the Atomic Rage coupon.

Look at how mad that guy on the cover is! I wonder what she said that made him fly off the handle like that. 893scratchchin-thumb.gifdevil.gif

Seriously though, congrats on the book Sid! Some of those old romance books are the best. thumbsup2.gif

duh. We're talkin' Greggy here, remember? Of course he's got one. Probably several.

27_laughing.gif exactly what I was thinking - this is like Greggy's bible - "A bouquet of searing love stories you will never forget" -I'm sure he's got a well used copy, like Donut's 893naughty-thumb.gif and the one that he's got a shrine built around with the Barbie, Ken and Skipper "action figures" re-enacting scenes from the comic screwy.gif