• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Providing Amazon.com feedback

9 posts in this topic

Hello,

On these boards, there is bountiful posts on Ebay. I didn't get any google hits for providing feedback on Amazon.com purchases.

Everyone agrees that LCS, Ebay & these boards are usually a better option than Amazon.

It is rare that I turn to Amazon. But I do in some rare cases.

In this instance, I was buying up any cheap copies of The Strain. On Amazon, I purchased copies of The Strain #3/4/5/6/7/8 for cheap ($3 or $5 each).

It is clear that for each book, the respective Amazon store did not update their prices and I was looking to capitalize. But unfortunately, only two thirds of my orders were fulfilled. I got refunds on the other third.

What is the proper course of action when providing feedback on Amazon comic book reviews?

• What if, instead of fulfilling my order, the Amazon store gives me a refund?
  • What if the Amazon store advertised a comic as NM but it turns out to be a VF+ book?
  • What if the Amazon store has horrendous packaging?

Thank you for your input. If such a post already exists, please PM and I will promptly delete my post.

Those orders that got cancelled/refunded

Let's say I had a Scalped #1 on Ebay BIT before the recent news. If my BIT listing got purchased, I have no other option but to hold up to my end of the deal & ship the comic.

Sadly, maybe I can't say the same for Amazon.com listings.

Those that I actually received

Oh my! The packaging was horrible!!!

One seller (one!) had good packaging: HIGH_CLASS_COMICS.

I did not have a good experience with any of the other sellers (refund, inaccurate description, poor packaging or a combination of the three).

I knew it was risky/silly to buy comic books on Amazon. But you can't beat that price for a television series about to hit FX (July-2014 -- 13 episodes with pending season 2 & season 3 renewals).

Thank you for the input.

I am HIGH_CLASS_COMICS (Bjorn)

Thanks for the positive remarks!

I only ship things out as I would like to have it done for Myself.

My listings are accurate and feedback is top-notch!

Yeah, for the most part Amazon is questionable for comics but I am an expert, have no fear when ordering from HIGH_CLASS_COMICS !!!

The same recourse you take when you order an article of clothing and they no longer have it. You make the frowny face and shrug. It's not like they said they would ship it to you and you received a German newspaper in the box.

I ordered a Pratt art bag in black to put my presentation folder in. The company I ordered it from on Amazon refunded my money and cancelled my order as apparently they were out of stock. I ordered a blue one a week later for like $1 more I believe.

The books are no longer in stock and someone beat you to it wherever the seller had them listed elsewhere. There are guys that have the same books listed on CLink as Metropolis/Comic Connect. Anthony's Comic Art has their art listed on eBay, CAF as well as their own site. I have been disappointed in a page I wanted not being available. I still shopped with Anthony when he had something I wanted.

Move on... it happens.

About the only comic company I have EVER seen stay on top of things like that is MCS. You buy something on their site or eBay, it is removed for sale from the other site within thirty minutes.

I filed a complaint about a recent purchase that was marked as shipped and tracking provided then 24 hours later I got an email saying it was out-of-stock. Amazon gave me $20 off my next direct from Amazon purchase and escalated to their marketplace seller investigations, saying the seller violated their ToS (having item listed in stock that was not (or being sold elsewhere at same time) and marking as shipped and providing tracking for non-existent package). Not sure how accurate that is, but that's the info the Amazon customer service rep told me.