• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

C2E2 + April 24-26, 2015, It's Never To Early.

237 posts in this topic

No one was at his booth when I went.

He only got approved go do the variant because it was intended as a c2e2 variant.

Him not following through with that should make this not happen again.

Good deal.

If he really called collectors "suckers", I hope he doesn't sell any.

If anything, it seems like he should have charged whatever he wanted online, but at the show, charge the normal rate.

But the fact of the matter is, he will probably sell out by the end of the show, which will only reinforce his behavior.

No one was at his booth when I went.

He only got approved go do the variant because it was intended as a c2e2 variant.

Him not following through with that should make this not happen again.

Good deal.

If he really called collectors "suckers", I hope he doesn't sell any.

If anything, it seems like he should have charged whatever he wanted online, but at the show, charge the normal rate.

But the fact of the matter is, he will probably sell out by the end of the show, which will only reinforce his behavior.

Agreed, I'm not an anti capitalist, and walked away and said beat of luck. Just think it is bad form. And yes, he said suckers and offended me by saying he's sell me his most best up copy for $50

Spoke with him and did a SS on an earlier action figure variant. His signature is microscopic.. Intentionally... Like basically just a tiny line. That, combined with his comments about the collecting community noted here and jumping the price 3x original price are all... Weird.

I tried to strike up a friendly conversation about all the SW action figure variants but his answers were all very vague. He was pleasant though. His "handler" only chimed in when I repeated $60?! In shock as well to the rebuttal of "they're going for $80 online" once again.

That didn't stop a dealer next to me filling out an invoice at the CGC booth from submitting 20 copies of the Fett. There is going to be a flood.

Very first to market will be ridiculous. I spoke to 2 people that said they weren't going near the book on principle. Just a weird situation made worse by simple economics, and the artist wanting to cut out the middle man's possibility of max profit. He would not have sold 3,000 copies in 36 hrs at even $40 let alone $60 I don't think. Like many, I hesitated at $20 but eventually bought 2 copies.

Odd post and a long shot but here goes, found a bag of C2E2 purchases in a cab on my way back from dinner. Bag contains 1 X-themed print, 1 auto'd picture of a WD character a signed "Treadwater" print and a book. If anyone knows an attendee who left their bag of merch in a cab please PM me.

I got my Flash 110 from Dale Roberts yesterday! It's been a good trip so far. Aside from the same issues as everyone else re: the Fett variant. If you like figures the Graffiti Desigs booth has some Zoom figures from SDCC 2011. They were an exclusive and they found 2 cases left over. It's $20. Last online sale was $58. There are about 8 figures left.

I got my Flash 110 from Dale Roberts yesterday! It's been a good trip so far. Aside from the same issues as everyone else re: the Fett variant. If you like figures the Graffiti Desigs booth has some Zoom figures from SDCC 2011. They were an exclusive and they found 2 cases left over. It's $20. Last online sale was $58. There are about 8 figures left.

Are you going back today?

Spoke with him and did a SS on an earlier action figure variant. His signature is microscopic.. Intentionally... Like basically just a tiny line. That, combined with his comments about the collecting community noted here and jumping the price 3x original price are all... Weird.

I tried to strike up a friendly conversation about all the SW action figure variants but his answers were all very vague. He was pleasant though. His "handler" only chimed in when I repeated $60?! In shock as well to the rebuttal of "they're going for $80 online" once again.

That didn't stop a dealer next to me filling out an invoice at the CGC booth from submitting 20 copies of the Fett. There is going to be a flood.

This may be the dealer,

http://www.ebay.com/itm/STAR-WARS-4-BOBA-FETT-ACTION-FIGURE-VARIANT-CGC-9-8-SIGNATURE-SERIES-SOLD-OUT-/231543279791?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item35e90e10af